News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Lightweight Class Racing in the Mid-West

Started by Ducati23, December 19, 2007, 03:26:24 PM

goldwing70

My old SV superbike made around 85-87 at the wheel (PM me if you want to buy that motor).  I heard that Hitman dyno never saw 90 out of an SV and he does alot of runs.   We all know that Hp is not everything.

funsizeracing

Quote from: 123user on December 26, 2007, 06:20:37 PM

This fall I had an opportunity to run around daytona with a couple of "mostly stock" 1000ds bikes...  they're owners were lying!  Granted I'm pretty heavy,  but some of those "stock" ducatis really flew.  My bike was SS legal last year and was within the rules, but certainly not stock.  My opinion is that many Ducati owners are embellishing the performance of "stock" motors to reduce the suspicions of other riders.

That's what always sticks in my memory when I think of racing the 1000ss  Ducs in LW.  Those things ate me alive on the banking, even being piloted by (no offense) non-aerodynamic full grown men :whine:.  There was one, I'd easily pass on the infield, then he'd wave as he passed me on the banking. :spank: Ok, so he wasn't really waving.
On the tracks in the GP region the few Ducs I've gotten to race it's always been fun.  Really looking forward to spring!
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

backMARKr

Quote from: tstruyk on December 26, 2007, 05:25:38 PM
LW is still a possibility for me.  But it all depends on how the income is looking for the budget.  I have to unload some debt (which should be handled just before the season) and then I would need to unload my R6 (just need to get the motor rebuilt and back in it)

No way I could commit to a full season until I see how the market is going to be... but yeah.  LW is still a blip on my radar... If I am going to race a full season next year it would have to be on a LW bike for cost reasons.

Tim

When you have some time , call Kyle (Booth) and lets discuss possibilities of you riding LW in 2008....

might be something, might be nothing...but we have chatted about it a bit.

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

RCR_531

Who was the kid on an SV from Lithium who moved up to EX mid year? Will he be in LW next season? Anyone Rob?

This is Aaron Colton. He will be racing a 125 and a 600 in 2008. I don't think that he will racing his SV in 2008.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

benprobst

SV's are plenty competitive. I have no doubt that in CCS the Ducati is a more capable bike in SS. But they arent night and day better. My superbike SV would eat just about any ducati's lunch. It made at or slightly above 90hp on dynojet and weighed 320lbs, with the ram air the fast ducati's werent even close. And the ultra low weight really helped even out the ducati's advantage on corner exit, especially uphill like at Road Atlanta. And on the brakes there was no comparison. Ive ridden a couple good second gen SS bikes, and in all reality they werent far off where I think the true SS ducati's were.

Id say there is very little chance of me racing any LW next year, but you never know, if I have a bike available I may hit up the gateway round and maybe a few others. I dont really know what my plans are yet, except that im going to ride a lighter schedule than last year and try to learn how to ride a big bike. Did Dean take MAM off the schedule for next year?
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Burt Munro

Quote from: benprobst on December 27, 2007, 09:13:51 AM

Did Dean take MAM off the schedule for next year?

There's still 4 dates listed as 'TBD' in GP.  May, June, Sep, Oct.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

benprobst

Quote from: Burt Munro on December 27, 2007, 02:40:01 PM
There's still 4 dates listed as 'TBD' in GP.  May, June, Sep, Oct.

yeah the schedule is going to change even more than most think it is. I know of 2 or 3 dates that are supposidly confirmed, but are far from matching up with their current pre-release schedule on the CCS home site. Hope they get everything together, the later it gets the schedule is released the harder it is to attract "Joe - i have to turn my vacation days in by january 1st - Racer"
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Burt Munro

Agreed, 

And I still didn't have anything to do with your ever increasing smite count. :thumb:    :biggrin:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

benprobst

Quote from: Burt Munro on December 27, 2007, 02:51:44 PM
Agreed, 

And I still didn't have anything to do with your ever increasing smite count. :thumb:    :biggrin:

Haha, yeah it just keeps on going up. Ohh well  :biggrin: I was just so impressed with your smites I figured you had found a way into the system to bump your own or automate the process some way. Anyway, am I now the 2nd most smited? Ive got to be getting close by now.  :boink:
Home of the GSXR 565

APP_Racing

Its going to be pretty easy this year.  Jack, Rebecca, Chase and myself just need to prereg early on everything.  We will be at the start of the pack, we run 4 wide like NASCAR and they won't be able to pass us.  It will be like an SV parade.

All I can say is fast in - faster out and HP won't matter.  But the blocking strategy will work just in case.  :)
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

Ducati23

One more 1000ss was delivered today. This is going to Dr. Matt H. This is growing more than we anticipated!  :thumb: 
CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

jarelj

I'm giddy with anticipation, having much larger LW grids is going to be very cool!  :cheers:  I'm really sorry I strayed from LW in 2007, all it got me was 1 less knee ligament, 8 weeks on crutches and 5 months with no riding, can't wait to be back on a LW bike in '08!  It's really just going to be a tune-up for LW Formula 40 in 2009, THAT'S going to be the cut-throat class, look out geezers!!  :boink:

P.S. - I agree that HP is a minor part of the equation, my SV superbike made 86 at the wheel, my Ninja 650R made 69, and I lapped quicker on the Ninja.  Suspension, brakes, and the RIDER are the bigger influence. 
Jarel
General Manager
Ducati Omaha / TrackAddix
Ducati Omaha