Lightweight Class Racing in the Mid-West

Started by Ducati23, December 19, 2007, 03:26:24 PM

Ducati23

Ok, thanks, still a little confused as I don't know these bikes well.  Went to the Ducati web site and didn't find any of the bikes you mentioned except for the Hypermotard which I'm not interested in.

This year Ducati paid for the 05/06 SS, Sport Classics 06/07/08 (Paul Smart/Sport/Sport S) and Hypermotard 08. I'm not sure what you mean about old models? There are plenty of current models availible. But...It's much less expensive to ride an older fuelie 900SS and do well thought out mods like the dual plug head conversion <allows you to run high compression on street gas = much cheaper than race gas!> big bore and performance cams than to buy a new machine that most racers do the same mods to anyway. Thus a good used 99 or 00 900 can be just as competitive as a 2008 Sport 1000S at 1/3 the overall cost. We're looking for riders who want to be here!  :thumb:

CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

Team_Serpent

Could you provide some links or pictures some where on-line of some of the bikes you've mentioned.  Like I said went to the ducati site and just found the hypermotard.

Sounds like you're with a shop/dealership of some sort but I don't see the web site in your public profile or sig.  Can you provide a link?

Thanks

Ducati23

www.DucatiOmaha.com

Do a google search for Ducati Supersport, Sport, Sport 1000S, Paul Smart Replica to see the various models. Go to www.Ducati.com and check out the models there as well.
CCS/ASRA #23
Ducati 848

Jack_Brock

Quote from: APP_Racing on December 19, 2007, 11:08:23 PM
Looking forward to all the new competition.  I guess Rebecca, Chase and Jack will have to pit together and watch in envy at the Ducati Semi :)

What? Are you getting a Ducati? or is there some other reason why you won't be pitting with us?  I may have to get a damn motard if I can't bend this wrist anymore than I can now so I may really be an outsider.

BTW-Clayton is a good guy and knows bikes for any of those not familiar with him.
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

wolf44

Well I think he knows his bikes....either that or he's a hell of a salesman/bullshitter.
I guess I'm tentatively in line for a built up 900ss

Last night I had a vision of 15 lightweight bikes in a tight pack going through turns 3/4 at speed fighting for position at Gateway...it gets me all warm and fuzzy inside....it was either that or the whiskey and 7
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

Jack_Brock

Quote from: wolf44 on December 20, 2007, 04:07:48 PM
I guess I'm tentatively in line for a built up 900ss
That is a hell of a lot better idea than the RC.  Has you wife lost her patience with all this yet?

I'll have to talk to Clayton and see if we can't install a remote kill(like at the go kart places) so we can f@$* with you some.
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Rich

Quote from: Ducati23 on December 19, 2007, 03:26:24 PM
Lightweight Class Racing in the Mid-West

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like three or four more are on the fence right now.

Who would that be?
Rich
CCS EX GP 179
www.greenlawnracing.com
caferacerinc.com, TC Concepts, Extreme Cycle, Pit Bull, Vortex, Chickenhawk, XT Racing

SV88

I 'm glad that the GP LW grids will be built up.  I really enjoyed Topeka (meeting many of you) appart from the clutch cover oil leak = smoke issue.  One of the downers was only being 1 of 4 bikes on the grids in AM.  Don't think it will be an issue next year with the efforts to increase grids and the fact that I'll be running ex.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

benprobst

Maybe I need to get together and cheap old slow SS sv and come play with you guys once in a while when im get to run a CCS race. I wish I could have kept my sv superbike and still bought my new bike. Now that would be fun. My sv really loved the taste of ducati.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Ducati23

Who would that be?

You'd be one of those fence sitters Rich... It would be a real shame if CafeRacer couldn't manage to field at least one or two lightweight class riders next year.

I picked up a 1000SS for Dan Jasa yesterday so he should be in if he can get his trade ready to go. DO YOU need a bike Rich?  It would be nice if Ben would come out a play once in awhile too.

CCS/ASRA #23
Ducati 848

jarelj

I snapped a few pics today of the race/track bikes being built right now in our service bay at Ducati Omaha:

But mine's clearly in the most complete at this point, just needs a few minor tweaks......  :rollseyes:
Jarel
General Manager
Ducati Omaha / TrackAddix
Ducati Omaha

Rich

Quote from: Ducati23 on December 23, 2007, 08:22:33 PM
Who would that be?

You'd be one of those fence sitters Rich... It would be a real shame if CafeRacer couldn't manage to field at least one or two lightweight class riders next year.

I picked up a 1000SS for Dan Jasa yesterday so he should be in if he can get his trade ready to go. DO YOU need a bike Rich?  It would be nice if Ben would come out a play once in awhile too.

Hey Clayton my offer still stands......I get ten phone calls and/or emails from ten LW experts who tell me they are running the entire season.......and I'll ditch the R6 for another LW bike.
Rich
CCS EX GP 179
www.greenlawnracing.com
caferacerinc.com, TC Concepts, Extreme Cycle, Pit Bull, Vortex, Chickenhawk, XT Racing