Robert Marshall arrested on DUI

Started by spyderchick, December 19, 2007, 02:56:33 PM

Johnny B

Quote from: Court Jester on December 19, 2007, 08:19:17 PMSomeone can be arrested for suspicion of DUI??? what's that about?
Sometimes there is a two tiered system involving drinking and driving. I haven't been in a position to study the law for a long time (Thank God!) but in Massachusetts they have OUI (Operating Under the Influence) and I believe that the minimum BAC for that charge is .08. That breathalizer reading is the only evidence needed to convict. Now those who register a BAC of .05 up to .08 can be charged with Driving While Impaired. In order to convict, supporting evidence must be presented, such as weaving all over the road, accident, slurry speech or failure to pass the roadside sobriety test.
Johnny B. (the other one) ®
Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
http://resthome.50megs.com

HAWK

The following web page gives some interesting information on Drunk Driving Deaths.

All 16000 of them in 2005.

http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-driving-statistics.html

I'll stop there as my feelings about what should be done to drunk drivers would not be appropriate material for this board.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Hawk on December 20, 2007, 05:39:04 AM

I'll stop there as my feelings about what should be done to drunk drivers would not be appropriate material for this board.

Probably the same as mine.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Helmsman

Quote from: Hawk on December 20, 2007, 05:39:04 AM
The following web page gives some interesting information on Drunk Driving Deaths.

All 16000 of them in 2005.

http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-driving-statistics.html

I'm guessing they are the same as mine.  I'm only 23, and i all ready know 5 people who would have been around my age who are dead because of drinking and driving.  Penalties could stand to be a bit stiffer as far as i am concerned.

Garywc

I was hit by a drunk driver once
in the middle of the afternoon
not much fun... i would love to see stiffer penalties  for DUIs
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

Team_Serpent

I to was hit by a drunk driver in '96 while on my street bike.  My left arm was broke in 4 places and will never be the same.  My earlier post was not condoning what he did.   

danman67

Quote from: Team_Serpent on December 19, 2007, 03:49:20 PM
I was wondering how long it would be before someone posted about this when I saw it this morning.

So who's Lindsey Leard?

Some of the people in CMRA are going to bitch whine, complain and find any way they can to get digs in towards CCS. Just the way the same bunch whined and bitched about RPM/WERA.

Johnny B

Quote from: Super Dave on December 19, 2007, 04:00:39 PM
As for it being easier to get a DUI today?  LOL!  Has there been a design change in the delivery system or the sump that collects the beverage in question?
It's easier because the days when you or I would get a stern lecture and then told to drive straight home are long gone. Too much of a liability nowadays, so you get arrested.

Oh well.........
Johnny B. (the other one) ®
Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
http://resthome.50megs.com

ahastings

Also the limit used to .1 in most states thay has been lowered to .08 which is questionable qas to how impaired you really are at that point. I will bet that a lot of racers on here have driven all night to get home from races with no sleep, guess what, you are driving impaired, but there just is no way to measure it. I am not condoning driving drunk, just bringing up some points.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

L8brake731

You can be cited for not being able to maintain control of your vehicle (being tired, emotionally distraught etc.)
I live in a state that contributes to more than 10% of the DUI or DWI deaths.
In this state, it can not be more of a clear message that if you operate any motor vehicle on a public hi way or road; and are caught, you will 1) be subject to an FST or be arrested for suspicion of DWI, 2) lose your license(s) for a period no less than six months, 3) spend 24-36 hours in our fine incarceration system, 4) and if found guilty, that is after paying an attorney to represent you, pay restitution to the State (about $6000.00), 5) attend AA classes, 6) the final straw; deal with our insurance companies to obtain an SR 21 to become insurable again.
Pretty clear as to what not to do here. Similar in your states?

Why put yourself in this situation to begin with, it's what you'd be asking yourself after this type of ordeal :spank: :wtf:

I'd much rather spend my $14k or so on racing another year :thumb:
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

resurection

Some of the laws may be to much to explain other than revenue.
  In 04 or 05 they changed to .08 in IL. the day they changed that my Friend was pulled over and blew .08 he received the DUI. One day earlier and he would have been legal.
Maybe they weren't making enough money @.1
Besides the law makes it legal to sell liqueur ,cars ,guns ,on the same corner ,but you can't drive home from bar carrying a gun WTF.

rogers1323

I don't agree with drunk driving either, but I have a friend who had 3 beers at dinner over the course of 2.5 or 3 hours and was pulled over after leaving the bar/restaurant.  She happens to weigh about 110 pounds, so she blew over the .08 limit and was charged.  She was in no way drunk.  And was pulled over by a State Trooper who sits outside that bar and pulls over young girls that have been inside.  He pulled over another friend about 2 weeks later and charged her with a DUI as well.  She only blew a .06 with the road side breathalizer and was taken to the police station and charged anyway.

I think there should be a higher BAC level (more in the range of .1) and stiffer penalties for those that blow over that limit.