Started by spyderchick, December 19, 2007, 02:56:33 PM

spyderchick

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Court Jester

everybody makes mistakes. i'm sure he'll pay up to the courts and all will be good.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

garrettrick

im not saying its right, but its not that hard to get a dui nowadays...just sucks when somethin like that happens and everybody jumps to a conclusion, its humiliating enough its on RRW. id rather pay a cab any day of the week then drink and drive, just not worth the trouble...

Team_Serpent

I was wondering how long it would be before someone posted about this when I saw it this morning.

So who's Lindsey Leard?

Kinda bogus of him/her to bring it to everyones attention.

Like garrettrick said - not that hard to get a dui nowadays, humiliating enough - everybody jumps to a conclusion.

I've been lucky to avoid this type of thing - I'm sure there were times in my younger years that I drove when I shouldn't have.  I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that at one point in time in their life have driven under the influence, some I'm sure thought they were fine to drive others knowing they shouldn't.

Just a bad deal all around and serves as a reminder of what not to do.

Super Dave

Well, it happened.  It was going to get out either way.  Easier now than one day or five weeks down the road.

As for it being easier to get a DUI today?  LOL!  Has there been a design change in the delivery system or the sump that collects the beverage in question?
Super Dave

Burt Munro

Following is an email I just sent to RRW......

Dear RRW,

While I would never trivialize anyone getting arrested for DUI, the fact that Road Racing World published this surprises me.

The fact that this was submitted by a member of CMRA makes me suspicious as to the motive behind this.
I'm sure that it's just a coincidence that CCS-South will be attempting to attract riders from the same geographic pool as CMRA.  And I'm sure that it's just a coincidence that members of CMRA have been attempting to discredit Robert Travis Marshall since the October CCS ROC.

Is it fair to arrive at the conclusion that RRW supports CMRA in this attempt at discrediting a race organization official?   Or is it standard practice for RRW to publish traffic violations of this nature for all race officials?

Rick Weaver
CCS Midwest Tech Inspector/Starter
St. Peters, MO 

The only time I recall RRW publishing legal issues of members of the roadracing community is when it has involved theft or business transactions.  I may be wrong on this and feel free to direct me to precedents for this action, but I don't recall ever seeing the arrest of someone for DUI published by RRW previously.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

spyderchick

It was news, JU published it. I don't think that means he's chosen sides as the arrest is public record. If he wouldn't have done anything with the info, others would accuse him of hiding facts. He can't win for trying.

Personal opinion------>Don't want to get caught in a DUI? It's called a taxi. They even have these new fangled things called cell phones. Mighty handy for calling a friend if you don't have the extra $ for the taxi.

No one is jumping to any conclusions. It said he was charged, not convicted. He will have his day in court, as he should.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Super Dave

Super Dave

BigJerm7

would it have been a big deal if he killed somebody?

Court Jester

Quote from: Super Dave on December 19, 2007, 05:03:47 PM

Anthony Gobert?
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=19366

.....Gobert's recent arrest for suspicion of Driving Under the Influence.

Someone can be arrested for suspicion of DUI??? what's that about?
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Court Jester on December 19, 2007, 08:19:17 PM

I believe that's what they charge you with in some states if you refuse the sobriety test(s), I believe it will carry some type of mandatory penalty like loss of license for some period of time and/or a monetary fine.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

benprobst

Quote from: Court Jester on December 19, 2007, 08:19:17 PM

When your stoned out of your mind like Gobert likely was, then yes they can do whatever they want to you  :biggrin:
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565