Stay AM or petititon for EX?

Started by RSimmons, December 18, 2007, 12:39:48 PM

r1owner

Quote from: red900 on December 20, 2007, 10:19:58 PM

Quite honestly, I could'nt care less about you or where you spend your money.  Based on the fact that Nesba is the largest trackday organization in the nation,  I think losing your money is of very little concern.  Im kinda happy I dont have to deal with whiners like you when I am there.   
I have had some of the best competition and the most fun at trackdays..  They work, Marshall and I have proven it.

Are you trying to get Garth's job at NESBA?  :biggrin:

red900

I've done enough racing and riding on the street to know that a fast backroads rider that's never raced could come off having never been on the track and do some pretty impressive riding.   Believe me there a plenty of crazy motherfuckers on the street that ride well beyond what they should... just go to killboy.com and take a look at some of those pics.

Well, being an Ex Stunt rider that can ride over a mile on the rear wheel, Street to track is not comparable.  I also teach hundreds of street riders on the track as a control rider every year, Again I still see very few natural talent type street guys... 
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

RSimmons

Didn't y'all have a specific thread for this sort of thing? :D
MW Am #377

Court Jester

Quite honestly, I could'nt care less about you or where you spend your money.  Based on the fact that Nesba is the largest trackday organization in the nation,  I think losing your money is of very little concern.  Im kinda happy I dont have to deal with whiners like you when I am there.   
I have had some of the best competition and the most fun at trackdays..  They work, Marshall and I have proven it.

So when have I been a whiner??? Opinionated yes, but I don't ever recall whining about being passed unless there is a safety issue in it, which 99% of the time there is not.
Never had anybody pass me from the second wave either cause that's where I happily start from. I think you need to put down the crack pipe and lower the internet ego.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

grasshopper

Quote from: RSimmons on December 21, 2007, 12:42:47 AM
Didn't y'all have a specific thread for this sort of thing? :D

No shit. All of a sudden its as cold in Alaska on a crab boat in this thread eh?

Maybe people should start to preach "just ride your motorcycle and get seat time"... I've learned more riding dirtbikes and doing a little flat track than I have ever learned during a trackday. Being the fastest track day rider does not make you the fastest racer or the biggest shit talker.

Wow, bah freakin humbug to you to. LOL!!!!

red900

Quote from: Court Jester on December 21, 2007, 12:51:32 AM
So when have I been a whiner??? Opinionated yes, but I don't ever recall whining about being passed unless there is a safety issue in it, which 99% of the time there is not.
Never had anybody pass me from the second wave either cause that's where I happily start from. I think you need to put down the crack pipe and lower the internet ego.

Funny, I am the crack head yet you are defending your 2nd wave starting when you can clearly see from the quote in my first post whom that was intended for.  Really, if you cant keep up, maybe you should sit this one out.

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

red900

Quote from: grasshopper on December 21, 2007, 03:03:50 AM
No shit. All of a sudden its as cold in Alaska on a crab boat in this thread eh?

Maybe people should start to preach "just ride your motorcycle and get seat time"... I've learned more riding dirtbikes and doing a little flat track than I have ever learned during a trackday. Being the fastest track day rider does not make you the fastest racer or the biggest shit talker.

Wow, bah freakin humbug to you to. LOL!!!!

I agree, I grew up on dirt and it has helped me immensely.   But, I dont think the topic of this thread is should he quit racing and go learn on the dirt....
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

mikendzel

Quote from: red900 on December 21, 2007, 07:14:23 AM
I agree, I grew up on dirt and it has helped me immensely.   But, I dont think the topic of this thread is should he quit racing and go learn on the dirt....

Yeah, the topic was whether the dude should move to expert or not.  I am a NESBA member, and while I enjoyed the speed relative to other track day organizations, people like you make it suck.  I got this same attitude from a control rider when I needed some help at my first track day.  NESBA is an expert in losing business, it's not just Jester who doesn't come back.  Unless you're on NESBA's board of directors, or you're an owner, I think even NESBA would like you to shut your mouth and stop losing their business.  If you are one of those, you're a moron.

It's time to get back to the topic, which is 'should this guy who is just short of an automatic bump petition to move to expert?'

red900

Quote from: mikendzel on December 21, 2007, 09:22:44 AM

Yeah, the topic was whether the dude should move to expert or not.  I am a NESBA member, and while I enjoyed the speed relative to other track day organizations, people like you make it suck.  I got this same attitude from a control rider when I needed some help at my first track day.  NESBA is an expert in losing business, it's not just Jester who doesn't come back.  Unless you're on NESBA's board of directors, or you're an owner, I think even NESBA would like you to shut your mouth and stop losing their business.  If you are one of those, you're a moron.

It's time to get back to the topic, which is 'should this guy who is just short of an automatic bump petition to move to expert?'

Geez, novel idea.....  Funny I did not start this battle, yet I am the focus of it.  I just made a suggestion way back on the first page to go along with another guy post......  IF you also look back you will see that I gave this guy sound advice about his original question.  I am not the one trying to get off topic here. 

Alot of people need to grow up around here and realize that trackdays are a useful tool if used wisely.  Can you learn everything at a trackday, NO.  But, there is no one answer about where you cn learn everything needed to know about being a racer. 

The great thing about this world is you get to choose where and when you want to spend your time and money.  If you dont want to use Nesba, that is your choice.  IF you do, that is your choice also.  IF you choose not to race, that is your choice also.  Your choices really only effect you.....

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

mikendzel

post deleted

RSimmons

It was a good post, though.

I think thats what the point was, to stay AM and have fun doing well without getting caught up in the EX money race.
MW Am #377

mikendzel

RSims, the other thing you could do is start as an amateur and petition mid season to go expert if you're kicking butt.  From the looks of your avatar, you probably will be!!!

Either way man, good luck next year!!