News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

contingency ??

Started by d-wire, December 17, 2007, 07:03:02 PM

d-wire

Thank you CCS for posting up the 08 schedule....really looking forward to it.   :thumb:

Does anyone know if any of the manufacturers have announced their contingency for 08?   

Thank you in advance :biggrin: :thumb:
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

Super Dave

Expect Suzuki's around April.  Others might have theirs earlier.  Kawasaki seems to be talking, but I haven't looked at it.
Super Dave

d-wire

thanks dave...I guess you have to kind of go into daytona/march blind , as far as that goes.....HMMmmm  Thank you
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

ahastings

Kawasaki's is partially up on their website http://www.kawasaki.com/Racing_Contingency/RoadRacingOverview.aspx and Buell as usual has theirs out already. Suzuki has been latest the last couple years. I think theirs wasn't out untill April this year.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

d-wire

yamaha just announce their payout.  Its a little dissappointing that its $500 less for a win than last year, and the costs of racing keep going up.....(tires, race gas, etc)....They have only announce the payout, so hopefully they are doing that so they can pay more events than last year.

I hope suzuki's is more, that will definetly factor into what kind of bike Im runnin .  The reliability of the engines will be the other factor. 
FL region #2

racerhall

all kawasaki has is the ama races so far, big deal
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

Super Dave

Quote from: d-wire on December 18, 2007, 05:15:11 PMand the costs of racing keep going up.....(tires...

Gotta chime in...

Tire prices in the US for motorcycles have been almost stagnate.  If they have varied $80 from 1990 to now using a similar format on a 3.5x17 front with a 5.5x17 rear.  As you go faster, though, you want to use more of them.  It's a safety and addiction thing wrapped together.
Super Dave

ahastings

I just hope Ducati has a good program since I already commited. Even though they pay in Certs and the amount is  less then the jap., they paid every single round, which for me amounted to 17 race weekends last year. And now they have a couple of competetive bikes. It is in Certs though so you need a good dealer to work with you.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports

d-wire

yeah, that 848 is going to help you duc guys......I hope they keep paying every event for you guys

SO kawi hasn't come up with their schedule for club stuff either huh?  Thats cool, I know of a few guys that are kind of watching and waiting on this stuff
FL region #2

Garywc

i registered the new bike with Yamaha yesterday
now all i have to do is figure out how to ride it fast enough to get paid
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

garrettrick

ya, it would be nice if ducati paid mw races with the 848...and more than 500$. they should stop paying supertwins or have ccs allow supertwins for overall points. half the time the supertwins grid isnt even full enough to pay

Scotty Ryan

Does Yamaha pay Zuma contingency? I am going to buy one of every bike so I have everything covered :)
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

Ducati23

Garrett - I'm still happy they pay at all, but SuperTwins is important to Ducati so that will likely stay as it is. I spoke the our Ducati rep and he thought we see pay out in MW SS for the 848 so with a good LW, MW and ST Ducati you could take home $1500 a weekend so that is better than nothing.

Hey call me about that other bike soon as you know something, Thanks

Clayton
CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: garrettrick on December 21, 2007, 10:12:13 AM
ya, it would be nice if ducati paid mw races with the 848...and more than 500$. they should stop paying supertwins or have ccs allow supertwins for overall points. half the time the supertwins grid isnt even full enough to pay

Ducati
Must run a 2005 or newer U.S.
or Canadian Ducati motorcycle.
Must display Ducati logos on
left and right fairings. Must
meet all requirements
announced by Ducati USA.
Min. field 5 Certificate awards.
EX UL Superbike MW
SuperSport,
Thunderbike,
Supertwins
1st - $500, 2nd - $300, 3rd -
$200.
Note: Ducati claim form must
be filled out at each race for
each race entered

where is that poking stick smiley?

Spoke with Yamaha and Kawasaki this last week Ducati was a couple weeks ago, I expect to see the dates released for these in the next couple weeks. Still working with other OEMs regarding dates and classes for 08
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

ahastings

That is last years program not next years correct since it allows back to 05 models. I know it was middleweight Supersport last year, thought it might change to MW Superbike for 08, which aligns better with Supertwins.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports