News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CRA Race Schedule

Started by LMsports, December 08, 2007, 05:27:19 PM

LMsports

Hey everyone, I just thought that I would post up the CRA race schedule since we are all planning on where we will be racing next year. All the races in the CRA series are held at Brainerd which isn't too bad of a drive for most Midwest and Great Plains racers. Also, they normally pay manufacturer contingency 4 out of 5 weekends. Plus, if you haven't experienced turn 1 yet, you haven't lived. It would be nice to see a few combined events in the future with CCS running a points paying round at BIR with the CRA to share costs and the CRA sharing a venue with the CCS sometime, but until then you can sample them on your own. The CRA is where I started racing and I look forward to doing more racing with them this year. I still plan to do CCS as well and as of now there is only one conflict, the Road America CCS round. So check your calenders, and keep it in mind. If anyone plans on trying to make some races let me know and we'll save some room in the pits for you!

All events will be at BIR

May 2, 3, 4

June 13, 14, 15

July 4, 5, 6

August 22, 23, 24

September 19, 20, 21 (short course)
* we will be the first event to use the new short course!
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

PJ

Thanks for posting this Rob. I started in CRA too. Great club with fantastic corner workers.

T1/T2 at BIR must be experienced to be believed. I always needed the full length of the mile long straight to talk my right wrist into holding it WFO through there. CCS used to run a round at BIR up to the mid 90s. It would be great to go back there.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new shorter configuration. Maybe need to run the CRA 5-hour endurance there in the fall.

PS. For you Buell racers, there will be contingency in Super Twins and Lightweight Superbike at all 5 CRA rounds this year.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

GSXR RACER MIKE

I agree about Turn 1 and 2, I remember my 1st ever practice session there, I was actually braking for Turn 1 and had a guy on an Unlimited bike go by me WFO about 50 MPH faster than I was going. By the time I went out for my 1st race I was going thru there WFO myself, but like Paul was saying, you have to convince yourself that you can do it.  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96