News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New bike - complete bike with pics

Started by tzracer, December 07, 2007, 07:15:40 PM

tzracer

Quote from: spyderchick on December 08, 2007, 11:16:04 PM
Roger says "you're welcome!" ;)

Just so the peeps know, that's a custom Waterford 'decal" (actually sprayed). Brian chose the font, so right now, his is the only one in the world like that. Pretty sweet!

Richard (Schwinn) said at first he did not want to do the decal because it was not the usual Waterford decal and wasn't sure he wanted others to see it and also want custom decals. I told him he should tell people it is an option only for Waterford residents.

Bike turned out much better than I thought, can't wait until I get the complete bike.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Court Jester

i picked up a nice peddle bike a few months ago. i didn't get much time on it before it started getting too cold though. it's enjoyable as hell though. i rigged some lights up and was going out when i got in from work around 1 or 2am and riding. it was totaly quiet and not a single car around the back county roads for the entire ride that late.
congrats on it. no  if we could just get rid of this damned snow.   
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

EX_#76

Quote from: tzracer on December 07, 2007, 07:15:40 PM
Well at least the frame. Picked the frame/fork up from the Waterford factory today. Dropped it off at BicycleWise (Whitewater,Wi) to be assembled. Should have it by next weekend. Then I can stare at it all winter.

Special thanks to to Mr. Spyderchick (Roger) for the paint and decal.

Oh, Paul, you and your Serotta don't stand a chance.

Anything that can be accomplished with human power can be made more entertaining with internal combustion
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

Super Dave

And leave a bigger mark?
Super Dave

tzracer

Quote from: EX_#76 on December 09, 2007, 02:37:56 PM
Anything that can be accomplished with human power can be made more entertaining with internal combustion

Actually I feel like I have accomplished more after riding my bicycle than my motorcycle.

Court Jester you will have to come along on some rides this summer. Up for riding a century or 2?
Brian McLaughlin

TommyG

Please be safe boys. Seems like more roadracers get hurt on pedal bikes than not!

Burt Munro

OK, I guess I need to go out in the garage and take pictures of my bike. 

First Schwinn Paramount built in January 1977.  (Was Roger working there then?)            P-13 model, full Campy Super Record.  700 C rims on Weyless sealed bearing hubs.
Phil Wood Bottom Bracket. 

About the only thing I'd have to update would be the wheels and something more than a 6 sprocket rear cluster.

Rode RAGRAI 3 times.  Too many centuries too count and KIller Hill 64 in LaCrosse a couple of times.

Hate to think what it would cost to duplicate this bike today.  You'd be sick if you knew the deal I got when I bought it!!!

And look at me today - the perfect example of fitness!!!  (cough, cough, lying, cough)  :thumb:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

spyderchick

Quote from: Burt Munro on December 11, 2007, 12:00:09 AM
OK, I guess I need to go out in the garage and take pictures of my bike. 

First Schwinn Paramount built in January 1977.  (Was Roger working there then?)         
About the only thing I'd have to update would be the wheels and something more than a 6 sprocket rear cluster.

That would be a 'no'. He was in college back then, I believe.

Damn, you're old.  :ahhh: :lmao:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Scotty Ryan

Quote from: Hawk on December 08, 2007, 10:37:09 PM
When I used to race I worked on keeping a high average but now that I only ride recreationally I like to do about a 15 average for centuries. That way you can go with friends and  :blahblah:

I'm not sure where you're located Scotty but if anywhere near Coal City you should plan on joining Brian and my brother and I for the Bike Psychos Double next August, I think that's close to you. 125 miles and they have great food at the rest stops.

I would like to do something like that - Currently I am living in Lemont which is about 35 minutes from Coal City - But by March I will be living in Delevan,Wi.... That doesn't mean I can't make the trip down.... I am really looking forward to doing allot more riding next season.... Although doing a ride where they provide stops for food would be something new - I'm used to eating Shot Blocks and Gel packs :)
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

HAWK

Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

tzracer

Quote from: SCOTTY727 on December 12, 2007, 01:14:42 AM
I would like to do something like that - Currently I am living in Lemont which is about 35 minutes from Coal City - But by March I will be living in Delevan,Wi.... That doesn't mean I can't make the trip down.... I am really looking forward to doing allot more riding next season.... Although doing a ride where they provide stops for food would be something new - I'm used to eating Shot Blocks and Gel packs :)

I can probably give you ride. Give me an excuse to buy a bike rack.
Brian McLaughlin

Court Jester

Quote from: tzracer on December 09, 2007, 04:23:31 PM

Court Jester you will have to come along on some rides this summer. Up for riding a century or 2?

I would love to. keep in mind though, i am as slow one this bike as i am on the track and i cry a whole lot more. I can hold a 15mph speed but i was only doing 20 miles or so at a time on pretty flat ground. i only had a few weeks to ride after i got it before the temps started dropping into the 20's and i wussed out.
i hope you guys will wait for me. but pm me when it gets warmer and you're ready to head out. bring some baby wipes. i'll need'em
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"