News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MW and Blackhawk

Started by xb9racer, December 06, 2007, 02:51:05 PM

Super Dave

Autobahn is a country club.  They are catering to their membership, and not to outside racing rental interests. 

Would anyone like to share the stories of having to move everything multiple times in the pit area at ACC?

As for TBD, Turberculosis Downs, I'll be impressed if they can finish it by that first event. 
Super Dave

truckstop

I'd love to see Grattan, Gingerman, or Autobahn, even Brainerd on the calendar, but I thought there were various political reasons why this will never happen? Also, I thought everyone hated Autobahn? South has gotten super bumpy, at least according to the very fast this past summer. I spent most of my time there leading around the very slow so I didn't notice. North is still nice, but too short.

We're probably only doing the Blackhawk dates this year, Plus a bunch of trackdays there. I really don't mind. (It's also less that two hours away).

How do the NE guys feel about all 8 of their races being held at Loudon?

Team Spalding

I would do Blackhawk 6 times a year. Only 1 hr from my house. Sleep in my own bed if I want and less gas money. I here what you are saying about variety but I always seem to have the most fun there. It is cozy and it is our home track.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

xb9racer

We'll see how ya all feel at the end of the season when the tracks beat to shit again. Hopefully the new owner will rectify that issue before it gets to that point.

Burt Munro

Quote from: xb9racer on December 06, 2007, 02:51:05 PM
I like BHF just fine. But another season coming up of mostly BHF again. I know it's easier said than done, but aren't there any other tracks!? :banghead:

OK....  what would be some other options?........

Gingerman - prior to last year was on the schedule twice yearly - dropped due to poor attendance

Autobahn - 2 dates in '05 - 1 in '06 - dropped due to poor attendance and issues with track management

Gateway - 1 date last year - combined date with GP - poorly attended and expensive to rent

I-39 Raceway - never got off the ground.

Iowa Speedway - no comment necessary

Putnam - hasn't hosted motorcycle races since about '04 when track management got in a pissin' match with WERA

MAM - not on current schedule as of yet.  Track showing it's age and paddock issues

Topeka - great facility - travel distance for much of MW region

Road America - great facility - expensive and difficult to secure desirable dates

Brainerd - new track ownership should produce some improvements - distance could be an issue for some.

Grattan - hasn't been on the schedule for a number of years - may have same problems as Gingerman.

Next closest options would be in Ohio, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Nebraska.  How far would MW riders be able (or willing) to travel?
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Super Dave

I'm working on an Iowa project.  Lots to over come, but we are actively working on it. 
Super Dave

Sobottka

Quote from: LMsports on December 06, 2007, 04:53:10 PM
Rob, I'm looking at your avatar and wondering what happened to you since I saw you last...did you get a different haircut?
it was a rough night :biggrin:
Quote from: Super Dave on December 06, 2007, 04:54:26 PM
Yeah, that's way too many crashes.   :biggrin:
i aint skeered :ass:
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Super Dave

Super Dave

Scotty Ryan

Everyone always seems to forget Frankfort International Raceway Park..... It's close and has a bitch'n bus stop..... I say we look into racing there....
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

Super Dave

Have you talked to Bob about the convention center for next years banquet?
Super Dave

KTG

Awesome....10 minutes away!
Gron4 Photography
Motorsports Photography
www.gron4.com

jigs

ACC South is s shithole cuz' of the bump's to me at least,I was there a couple time's late last seaon and it's gotten worse,what's the deal with CCS and ACC anyway??I guess if it were re-paved I wouldn't mind it,any new's about a re-pave,and if they did would CCS go there or are they at odd's for some reason.