News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gearing for stock '03 R6 at Daytona?

Started by eightonezero, December 05, 2007, 02:57:00 PM

eightonezero

As title states.  What kind of gearing should I run on a stock 2003 R6 for Daytona in Spring?

Thanks in advance

LongDogRacing

i'm not sure what you should run...  but if it ends up that a 16T Front and a 49T Rear  (in a 520 pitch, of course) is par for the course, then i have what you need!  send me a note longdogracing@gmail.com
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

Super Dave

I think that might be short.  Might be something like 16/47.
Super Dave

Toves33

16/48 is stock, right? So, if you are recommending going one down, then Daytona must be really fast.

benprobst

Quote from: Toves33 on December 06, 2007, 10:59:40 AM
16/48 is stock, right? So, if you are recommending going one down, then Daytona must be really fast.

seriously?
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Toves33

I've never been there, so I have no idea. I just moved to Florida a few months ago from Europe.

benprobst

Quote from: Toves33 on December 06, 2007, 07:16:47 PM
I've never been there, so I have no idea. I just moved to Florida a few months ago from Europe.

Ohh, ok. Being from over the pond that makes sense. Daytona is an extremely fast track. most race tracks are corners connected with straightaways here and there. Daytona is a straightaway with a corner connecting them here and there :biggrin: Im sure it was made up, but a friend of mine who ran down at daytona for the run-offs said he thought he was full throttle for something like 75% of the lap, i think laps are 2 30+. very fast.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Toves33

OK, so unlike Homestead, I will see 6th gear at Daytona. I though Homestead was fast, but you guys are making it seem like Daytona is blistering fast. I can't wait to find out for myself. From the sounds of it, I should run a 16/ 47 combination on my 02 R6.

GSXR RACER MIKE

Daytona is as fast as your bike will go (and then some if you catch a draft). The G-forces press your body down as you go around the banking WFO while leaned over almost horizontal to the infield, the bumps and waves on the banking may bottom out your suspension, and you can't see more than a few seconds ahead of you due to the bowl shape on the banking - all this while going as fast as your bike will go.

Have fun!  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

rogers1323

I ran 1 up in the rear from stock on an '04 GSXR 600 last year.  I was seeing an indicated 175 to 180 off the banking and through the tri oval.  So yeah, it's fast.  The AMA course in the spring has more turns and less banking than the traditional layout they use in the fall.  Mike's description was pretty good though.  It's a lot of fun.

Ryan125

I run 1 up in the front stock rear on my R6. Will tap the rev limiter in 6th in the tri oval with a draft.

Toves33

Sounds pretty fast. I think I will just go with 16/48 because I don't think I will going as fast as many of you. This will be my first time there and I don't foresee pushing it like I would at Jennings or Homestead. Just the thought of Daytona is pretty intimidating.

0gsxr2

Anyone have any idea for gearing a 2007 GSXR 1000 for daytona?