My loving brother is terminally ill.

Started by Speedballer347, December 04, 2007, 11:59:16 AM

ronhix

It broke my heart to read your original post and sense the pain that you were was so obviously feeling when you wrote it.  Erik, I will sincerely pray for your brother.

I know God is able.  However, I don't presume to know if it is God's will to heal your brother in miraculous fashion. 

What I do know is that it most certainly IS God's will that we trust Him, especially in difficult times like these.

Please know that I am praying for your brother.  I am praying for you.  And I am praying for the families involved.

Ron Hix
Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB

Ducmarc

usually I can sit around this computer and think of all kinds of things to say . I've sat here for 10 minutes and still don't know what to say except we at the miller house are truly sorry and will pray Him and you and your family . This disease seems to be all around us and takes indiscriminately

ronhix

Erik,

Please don't think I am crazy...but...

As I was praying for your brother and everyone involved in this situation, I began to realize what a great blessing your brother has been given.  Yeah, I know it sounds completely CRAZY at first but please hear me out.

I was at a track day at Blackhawk in 2005 with a friend of mine.  I was running in a different group than him and so we were not on the track at the same time.  He, my wife and I were all sitting around talking before his session started and just enjoying being at the track on such a beautiful day.  Less that 10 minutes later, his life was over.  Zero warning.  Completely out of the blue.  It happened right as he exited turn 4, only a few yards from where we were pitted and talking right across the fence.  As the track medics worked on him, I was by his side waiting for the life flight to get there.

The reality is that many die everyday caught completely by surprise.  With plans to "get right" at some future day, they are taken completely unexpectedly.

God has graciously given your brother and your whole family a heads up, time to prepare for this thing.  He has given you guys TIME and OPPORTUNITY to get everything right.  In my humble opinion, this is a generous demonstration of God's goodness and love to your brother and your family.  It is truly a blessing, though understandably one that is not easily accepted.

In no way do I think I am anything special or do I think I have some "hot line" to God.  But I believe that from God's perspective and in light of the incomprehensible length of eternity, our short time here on Earth (whether that be 20 years or 80 years) is like a single breath. Death is just a part of this life, it is not the end...rather it is just the threshold we must all cross at the appointed time on our way to eternity. 

In no way am I judging you or your brother, I don't really even know you guys.  But in reality, I DO know you cause all of us are the same.  We all have a pressing need to get it right in light of eternity. 

It is my sincere prayer that this humble post will encourage you, your family and your brother to do just that - "get it right" in light of eternity. 

I would love to sit down with your brother, with you and your family - to talk, to pray, to do anything and everything I can to encourage you guys.  I have no idea where you guys live - but that doesn't really matter does it?  If I am willing to travel all over the country to race a motorcycle, I am certainly willing to travel to wherever you guys are in order to discuss in detail something that I believe is the most important thing in this life.

Regardless, I will continue to pray that God will miraculously heal your brother.  I encourage you to hope and pray for the best, but also to prepare for the worst.

My number is 630.430.7449.  I am available.
Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB

Noidly1

Quote from: ronhix on December 10, 2007, 10:16:11 AM
Erik,
I am available.

Wow. That is all I can say. Wow... You know how to tug on ones heart. Bless you, Eric, his brother and family can use all the help they can get.

I lost my father to cancer and watched him wither away. Not a pretty sight. I wish the best for everyone and wish I could help but I don't think I can handle that sort of thing again. It is very hard to let go of someone you love as it drags out. It has to be the hardest on his brother knowing that his time is eminent. Not to sound selfish but, it seems a lot easier on everyone involved including the one who passes when it is Sudden.

God Speed.

'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

PolishPete

Me, my family, and my friends are praying for you.  As others have said, be faithful and you will be OK.

You say there is no hope, and you are probably right, but it doesn't hurt to try.  My aunt was diagnosed with Level 4 brain cancer 10 months ago.  She had two tumors that bridged (never seen before in this type of situation) in her brain, and was given 6 months tops.  She fought through chemo and radiation, acquired and fought through diabetes, and even beat Stevens-Johnson syndrome (a bad mix of medication causes your insides to burn.  This is so rare that doctors from all over the country studied her becuase they don't see it often, and you only have 10 - 15 % chance of surviving).  At 8 months she was basically a vegetable and put into hospice...however, she is now getting better and better.  She went out with us to dinner the other night, and even went to the mall to buy make-up. 

My aunt/uncle/cousin kept this from us for the first 4 months, and when my grandma (my aunts/mom's mom) came to America, they finally let us know what was going on.  With all of our lives being so busy, we didn't see them much, and although my dad and uncle talked daily, they kept the disease away from us and did not want anyone to know.  When they thought it was over they finally informed everyone, however this was not the case.  My mother researched and researched the disease...she found survivors of the same disease that lived 3, 10, 12+ years past their expected time, and she knew giving up and accepting was not an option.

My mother conferenced with doctors, read books, lab reports, etc...and realized what medications my aunt should be taking and why what she was taking was hurting her.  (note that she came to the US when she was 27 and did not know a word of English.  She learned how to use a computer just this year, but her will to help my aunt allowed her to teach herself to a point where she is more knowledgable than many doctors in this area that we have delt with thus far) We know my aunt has little life left, but we are trying to add some life into the small time she has left.

Your case if very similar.  You can fight and hopefully get some more time to enjoy, however God has a plan and it will be true.  All you can do is fight and pray.  Miracles do happen and your brother may live for many more years, but you need to be ready.  Pray for the miracles and work for them.  Nothing comes easy, so be prepared for hardship over the next few months.  I guess what I'm saying is NEVER give up.  There will be brighter times to come.

chaplain220

Erik, havent forgotten you and your bro, my family and I are still praying for him.  He is now come face to face with some of the most basic and desperate questions that a man can ask.  What is death, will I cease to exist, what did it mean to have life when it is all for nothing?  I dont know what part of the country you are in, but since you mentioned he is terrified, please call me or pm, I will come to you and him, if you guys would like.  I am the same age as he is, and am not an emotional sunshine n lollipops accept faith blindly type.  I have watched many men die, and came to faith over a dreadful fear of death, after much skeptical study, dismissing many religions as fraud and sham, but there was one I could not ignore.  I no longer fear death, and can explain in a digestable and reasonable manner, to a logical man, this same hope that is available to your brother...and you.  I have brushed death on several occassions, the Daytona crunching I took in March was not even close.  My lap times may suck, but if your brother would like, I will let him draft me all the way to an eternal prize.  chaplainracer220@yahoo.com   410 490 0542.  Hope without fear, Art.