News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

08 Schedule?

Started by gixxerlvr, November 30, 2007, 05:11:59 PM

jeyrod

Man I dont have enough vacation for this.   :banghead: The one event in the Midwest I am not scheduled to work is Heartland. WERA bound.

BigJerm7

Quote from: jeyrod on December 11, 2007, 10:11:58 AM
Man I dont have enough vacation for this.   :banghead: The one event in the Midwest I am not scheduled to work is Heartland. WERA bound.

i know exactly how you feel.  i work every other weekend.  cmra schedule is the same way for me.  gonna make the move to ccs gp this year.  looks like i'll be able to make all their events, and i was only able to make 3 cmra events.

Z-man

Quote from: steelcityracer on December 09, 2007, 09:51:11 PM
Can you tell me why this should be considered post of the year?

Did you see I had your back Hank?
CCS #79 EX

2007 Sponsors
Speedwerks, Team Pro-Motion, Martinmoto.com, Turner Landscaping, CTR, Redline Motorsports, Oxtar, Pirelli, Amsoil, LP, Vortex

Z-man

Quote from: Burt Munro on December 11, 2007, 12:42:10 AM
Super Dave hit it on the head.  It was more the way you're statement was structured that amused me.  No harm was intended.

I'd be the last one to tell someone that you couldn't decide whether or not you should ride a track, just by looking at it in some cases.  I've never been to Shenendoah so I can't make an informed comment about the track.  I know a number of people who have never been to Daytona and feel like that track isn't for them.  And for them, it's probably the best decision.

I guess I'm a little sensitive to people making decisions about tracks they've never been to based on the opinions of someone who knows someone who lived next door to someone who dumped his bike at that track.
Gateway would be a perfect example.  Awful lot of people out there with very strong, vocal opinions about the track who have never even seen it.  All they know is some guy (John Wascow) hit the wall there in '02 and nearly died.  What they probably don't know is that John's serious injuries were from a rider behind him hitting him and not from John hitting an airfence protected wall - which can happen at virtually any track.  I know this particular subject is still sensitive to a number of people so I'll back off for now.

I guess the way I look at it is that it's kind of like buying a car or truck based soley on the color.  An educated decision always wins in my book!!

Never being to a track and being at a track almost every other weekend all season long and driving over to look at the layout of a track is very different.  I can vouch for Hank being at Summit no less then 6 or 7 times this past season.  I'm sure he has had plenty of opportunity to view the Shenendoah, or perhaps saw video of the track or saw photos of the track.  It doesn't take rocket science to see how close the walls are.
CCS #79 EX

2007 Sponsors
Speedwerks, Team Pro-Motion, Martinmoto.com, Turner Landscaping, CTR, Redline Motorsports, Oxtar, Pirelli, Amsoil, LP, Vortex

leonea

Z,

you get some extra caffeine or what.

steelcityracer

leonea

hank,

you get that bike fixed?

i have a surprise for you.

steelcityracer

Quote from: leone on December 11, 2007, 08:29:52 PM
hank,

you get that bike fixed?

i have a surprise for you.
not yet

cardzilla

I saw this earlier in the thread, but nobody responded.... WTF happened to Roebling????

First Road Atlanta went away, please tell me that a Roebling date is in the works...
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

bel-biv

The mailer shows a Oct race at Summit
But this is not reflected on the on-line schedule

I know its tentative
Just wondering whats what...
Steve #176

www.patriotracing.us
Making a difference through motorsports.

Full Spectrum Power | Innovative Motorcycle Research | Cornerspeed | Orient Express | BG Oil | Online Paddock | On The Throttle

mikendzel

I'm with Biv, what the dillio?  The mailer has it as a double points round also, but the online schedule has the last VIR race (actually both VIR races) as the double point round.

Bueller???

rogers1323

I saw somewhere that Roebling sold the CCS date to WERA by mistake, and the CCS staff made the decision not to add a different date b/c there usually isn't a huge turnout.  Plus the only dates available would have been just before or just after the WERA date and having dates at the same track that close kills entries.  I think Eric posted this on the BBS somewhere.........