New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

08 Schedule?

Started by gixxerlvr, November 30, 2007, 05:11:59 PM

gixxerlvr

How late do they wait?  What is wrong with Shanendoah

ahastings

Quote from: steelcityracer on December 02, 2007, 01:42:55 PM
If the schedule makers read this, please do not include Summit Shenendoa again in 2008. IMO, It is too dangerous for motorcycle racing.
Summit Main has spots that are worse than any on Shenandoah. How many times have you raced on Shenandoah? I agree it is not the best track to race on, but only because it is so difficult to pass on- It is very one lined. But it is no more dangerous, in fact it is less dangerous than many other tracks on the east coast.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

steelcityracer

Quote from: ahastings on December 02, 2007, 10:20:43 PM
Summit Main has spots that are worse than any on Shenandoah. How many times have you raced on Shenandoah? I agree it is not the best track to race on, but only because it is so difficult to pass on- It is very one lined. But it is no more dangerous, in fact it is less dangerous than many other tracks on the east coast.
I havent raced on it.  I have looked at it and do not want to race it.

LMsports

Thanks for chiming in Eric. I'll be looking for the press release.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

Burt Munro

Quote from: steelcityracer on December 03, 2007, 01:19:46 AM
  I havent raced on it.  I have looked at it and do not want to race it.
++++++++++++   Attention Jeff  +++++++++++++++

Please accept this as my nomination for post of the Month and in consideration for post of the year!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Super Dave

Super Dave

Simon

I raced on the Shenandoah for the first time this year and thought it was fun. It has it's issues, but so does the main track. Turn 4 on main scares me way more than anything on the Shenandoah!
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

SVbadguy

Quote from: Simon on December 03, 2007, 12:23:55 PM
Turn 4 on main scares me way more than anything on the Shenandoah!

Exactly.  And now with the re-pave the varying degrees of traction will be gone so it will be a little better in one sense. But now we will be going into 4 even faster.

gixxerlvr

I need to get kudos for starting this post LOL!!!

Z-man

Quote from: Burt Munro on December 03, 2007, 10:39:52 AM
++++++++++++   Attention Jeff  +++++++++++++++

Please accept this as my nomination for post of the Month and in consideration for post of the year!

Your kidding right?  I've raced on it 4 times and think it is completely unsafe.  I've crashed and hit the wall hard, I was fortunate to have turned around and hit feet first.  As long as that track is on the circuit, I won't run another full series with CCS.

And it didn't take any rocket science to figure out that the walls were too close and the track too narrow for safe passing zones.  Couple that with the sponge wall CCS puts out there and I think you can pretty much make a fair assessment that the track is unsafe.

I have yet to see a motogp race at Indy but they seem to be making some major renovations to make the track more safe.

Z
CCS #79 EX

2007 Sponsors
Speedwerks, Team Pro-Motion, Martinmoto.com, Turner Landscaping, CTR, Redline Motorsports, Oxtar, Pirelli, Amsoil, LP, Vortex

Rick Beggs

y'all are going to hate me, but i want an endurance race at Shenendoah, i h8 turn one, but the rest is like many other tracks, scarry, but i can go fast there without thinking i am going to get hurt if i go down. now if we could only do somethong about turn one
RICK BEGGS
RnRCycles VPLubricants TuckerPowerSports FullSpectrumPower MotoLiberty RSTaichi AraiHelmet EBCBrakes EvansCoolant EVS DIDChains MaacoSterling ArmourBodies LextekMotorcycle WoolichRacing Woodcraft JTSprockets ZeroGravityRacing PitBull Lapking ChickenHawk PodiumMotorsportsPirelli

Eric Kelcher

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition