Started by J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp, November 27, 2007, 12:25:21 AM

chief4n6

that was cute man.

end the thread you started.
and it will be over.
until you start it again

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

Quote from: chief4n6 on November 27, 2007, 01:14:45 AM
well i think its great that your deciding to bury the hatchet on a thread you started.

Don't forget I started this thread to stop YOUR ranting about how I'm bashing on 4&6 in a thread thats intended to sell a bike.

I got it out of there and brought it here like I said I would in that thread.
Bury the hatchet on your thinking that I'm bashing 4&6.
Man, after saying this as many times as I have our readers will be thinking this is a 4&6 advertisment!
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

chief4n6

if you werent so defensive it would of ended long ago buddy

but thanks for the free advertisment

Burt Munro

Jason,

I don't have a horse in this race.  (or a dog in this fight as Michael Vick would say!)

I have to admit that when I read your post on the repairs you had to make on Brian's bike it was pretty obvious.  Could you have said the same thing about correcting the problems without mentioning 4 & 6?  Yes.  

I think that as far as informing people why they could buy his bike without any reliability concerns you could have stated the same facts without mentioning who did the previous work and accomplished the same thing.  

By clearly stating that you had to correct work done by 4 & 6 you opened the door on this.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

I don't take shit from people your right. Espescially when your hiding your name. Coward are ya huh?
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

chief4n6

burt whoever you are... im glad you finally said something on that.

remember jason about talking shit through keyboards... calling me a coward might be along those lines.

Quote from: Burt Munro on November 27, 2007, 01:48:17 AM
Jason,

I don't have a horse in this race.  

I have to admit that when I read your post on the repairs you had to make on Brian's bike it was pretty obvious.  Could you have said the same thing about correcting the problems without mentioning 4 & 6?  Yes.  

I think that as far as informing people why they could buy his bike without any reliability concerns you could have stated the same facts without mentioning who did the previous work and accomplished the same thing.  

By clearly stating that you had to correct work done by 4 & 6 you opened the door on this.
Brian did state that he had the work done by us. If I would have stated what happened without mentioning the who, I believed that people would just think I made it up to cover my own ass. Sorry but the truth hurts sometimes. Look if people are judging others on based on what they heard in a forum without judging for themselves then thats their problem. Not mine.
If someone said I screwed up a guys motor and they had to fix it and they had to explain the situation they are not bashing me they are just stating what happened.
Here is what I said, "Nothing against 4n6 performance and their work but something didn't go right several times over so he had me rebuild it and its good to go now." What does that say?

NOTHING AGAINST 4n6 performance in the original post!
SOMETHING DIDN'T GO RIGHT SEVERAL TIMES. Correct. Because shit happens right.
I rebuilt it and it's good to go now. / Right so the propective buyer doesn't have to worry about the motor going bad because I even put my stamp of approval on it in front of the whole world to see!

I know as an engine builder things can go wrong & mistakes can happen. So they made a mistake and I fixed it. I didn't say their work was bad did I?
Take your bike there & make your own judgement. Hopefully it will be a good one and you can decide for yourself. Just like I hope everyone judges me & my shop the same way. Because in the end actions speak louder than words right?

Quote from: chief4n6 on November 27, 2007, 02:07:36 AM

remember jason about talking shit through keyboards... calling me a coward might be along those lines.

Why don't you tell me who you are then? Answer that.

Burt Munro

Jason,

I'm not a big fan of 4 & 6.  I know Jim a little bit, I know Brian a little and I've talked to you a couple of times.

But here are direct quotes from your posts in two versions.... one mentioning 4 & 6 and one that doesn't.  You can say you weren't bashing them but you could have avoided it.

This bike is ready to go period! I mean this bike has everything done to it. There is no better turn key (or flip switch) race bike to buy. With race fuel this bike is capable of producing 120-122 HP.

Brian is a stand up guy for sure. There was a strange noise inside the engine after it was built by 4n6.   There was a strange noise inside the engine after it was built.

Not taking any chances he had me take the engine apart & fix the problem. Turns out the engine had wore out rods/wrist pins/pistons and cylinders. This engine was built by 4n6 after the original motor they built for him blew up for the 2nd time after only running for no more than 100 miles in early 2006.  This engine was built by a shop after the original motor they built for him blew up for the 2nd time after only running for no more than 100 miles in early 2006.

After waiting all season 4n6 finally built him another completely brand new engine. He rode the bike one weekend at Mid-Ohio AMA at the end of 2006. After waiting all season the shop finally built him another completely brand new engine. He rode the bike one weekend at Mid-Ohio AMA at the end of 2006.

The bike went up for sale since he bought a new pair of 2007 ZX6R's. He hadn't rode the bike since.  I built his 2007 race bikes and we as you can see by our results, have had a successful season on the new bikes. They are very fast & reliable engines.
While his 2006 race bike was for sale he took it for a lap around blackhawk in the middle of 2007 and noticed the bike was not running right and it started making noises in the top end area. He had me look into it so we ripped the motor apart to find many wore out parts. A few parts used by 4n6 to put the new engine together were old parts from other engines such as the rods / pistons / wrist pins .  A few parts used by the original shop to put the new engine together were old parts from other engines such as the rods / pistons / wrist pins .

So now with another motor that only had maybe 200 miles on it, the thing needed a rebuild. This bike had costed Brian over $20,000 to build & maintain of which he only put 300 miles on the chassis.

The bike has no time on it and is basically brand new! It has the best of the best components on it.

You can't duplicate building another race bike like this one for anywhere near $9000.
I rebuilt the engine and put it through its paces on the dyno and it is back to where it should. I guarantee all the parts in the engine where checked for proper specs and put back together. The rods, rod bearings, wrist pins, pistions, circlips are all brand new and the cylinder was also repaired. It has a Kit head gasket installed and was measured for proper squish. The cams are degreed. Valve clearances are perfect. Everything was checked.  Kit Blackbox, quickshifter, penske rear triple shock, attack rearsets, quick turn throttle (worth $550 alone from Kawasaki0 and tons more stuff.

I'm just saying that Brian is a stand up guy for having this motor checked out & fixed before selling it. Tons of bikes are for sale in which the ad says the motor was freshend up prior to sale and the are feeding you some BS and don't have any proof.

I personally stand behind this engine just like all my motors.
Brian doesn't build the bikes so he can't really explain properly what was done to the motor. Nothing against 4n6 performance and their work but something didn't go right several times over so he had me rebuild it and its good to go now.  Nothing against the other shop and their work but something didn't go right several times over so he had me rebuild it and its good to go now.

This motor isn't a lemon or something like that. The bike was given to 4n6 to build from brand new and they made many mistakes with the engine as he also had problems with them building his 2005 ZX6R's until he changed engine builders in the middle of 2006 to Brian Connelly.  The bike was given to the other shop to build from brand new and they made many mistakes with the engine as he also had problems with them building his 2005 ZX6R's until he changed engine builders in the middle of 2006 to Brian Connelly.

He is now racing for Speed Tech Racing as I build his bikes.
FYI the motor rebuild costed him almost $2000. At least he knows he isn't going to screw anyone over with a bum engine.  If anyone has a questions about the engine work feel free to give me a call at my shop @ (920) 236-0000. Nobody wants to talk about other engine builders having problems building engines but in this case I don't have a choice.
Jason Farrell

You could have said the same thing in your post without calling out 4 & 6.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

"You can say you weren't bashing them but you could have avoided it." Quoted by Burt.

Yes your right I could have avoided what? The truth.
I'm not going to BS my way around the whole story. Sorry. Either way I told the truth and that's all that matters.

Yes, I can still say I wasn't bashing them. Cause I wasn't. What would I be avoiding anyways? 4&6 getting upset about what happened?

Hey Jim Rashid. Sorry for telling the truth.

Thanks for clarifiying that Burt.

That is the day. I'm being accused for bashing when I told the truth.

Defintition for bashing:
Bashing may refer to one of the following:

The pejorative bashing implies excessive or unwarranted criticism on a subject, group or individual.
A subtle way of referring to masturbation.
Bashing (2005) is a film by Kobayashi Masahiro.
Railfan jargon term for travelling behind certain locomotives.

Theres no unwarranted (untruthful) criticism being said on 4&6.
And I wasn't refering to any type of mastrubation at all.
This thread isn't based on a film.
And I'm not talking about traveling behind locomotives either.

"someone always trying to start a 4&6 bashfest in these forums" Quoted by chief4n6

"your getting away from my point here jason
if you have "nothing against 4n6" then dont go on talking about all my mistakes
thats my point. thank you"
  Also quoted by chief4n6.

Makes me believe that chief4n6 is actually Jim since he wont come out and say who he is. So either Jim is posing as chief4n6 or the person actually writing this stuff is the guy who built Brians bike several times. Hmmmm...... I just wonder who that chief4n6 is.. I don't think I need to ponder it anymore.

Good Night Chief,
Jason

P.S. You know what I learned of all this? That Bashing is a subtle way of reffering to mastrubation! Thats the funniest part of all!
So if someone took this the wrong way they just might think this post is about a 4n6 Subtle Masterbation Fest!!

Court Jester

christ. people read way too much into shit.
jason does do some pretty damn good work though.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"