Main Menu

My 2003 TZ250 Arrives this week!

Started by TZDeSioux, February 24, 2003, 06:12:57 AM

TZDeSioux

davegsxrold929r

how much was it if you do not mind ???

i am looking !!!! ;D

TZDeSioux

It was 18,750 to my airport. If you want a 03.. it's too late. There's no more. I believe the advance order date is october. There's some Honda RS250R still available for about the same price.

Gixxer124

WOW! You could buy like 5 GSXR's for that much. :o ;D

TZDeSioux

QuoteWOW! You could buy like 5 GSXR's for that much. :o ;D

no you couldn't! Buy 1 brand new GSXR600 $8000. By 1 set of aftermarket bodywork $700. Buy Aftermarket shock $900. Get some forkwork done $400. Buy aftermarket exhaust $800. Buy race dot tires $340. Wire and prep for racing.... and you got damn near $18,000  :P

Gixxer124

Hey, UR wrong. I spent $3500 on my bike. $3500 X 5 =$17,500.  :P :P :P

TZDeSioux

QuoteHey, UR wrong. I spent $3500 on my bike. $3500 X 5 =$17,500.  :P :P :P

cut it out! we're talking about brand new bikes here sucka! :P

Super_KC124

Quotecut it out! we're talking about brand new bikes here sucka! :P

Remember who your talking to here. The king of cheap. I'm just jealous. Later

sdiver68

Or just have one of the factory teams build you a bike...they generally go for $8500-$12,000 depending on who, what, where, when, etc....
MCRA Race School Instructor

TZDeSioux

QuoteOr just have one of the factory teams build you a bike...they generally go for $8500-$12,000 depending on who, what, where, when, etc....

I know some of the factory supported teams sell their bikes at the end of the year. Wouldn't be a bad idea to buy one of them. They seem to sell it for a pretty decent price too. Now only if I'd stop liking them 2 stroke GP bikes so much.. I could probably save myself a boat load of money by racing a four stroke of some sort.  :)

Speedballer347

I just gotta give BIG props and thanks to Super_Duck for sponsoring me this year w/ a new 03/TZ250.
Gonna be a fun season, and I owe it all to him 8)

When should I come by and pick up my new ride, Brian? ;D

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

TZDeSioux

QuoteI just gotta give BIG props and thanks to Super_Duck for sponsoring me this year w/ a new 03/TZ250.
Gonna be a fun season, and I owe it all to him 8)

When should I come by and pick up my new ride, Brian? ;D

hah.. you done lost your mind? Don't you know TZ's are not good for doing wheelies and stuff?  ;D ;D

Speedballer347

QuoteDon't you know TZ's are not good for doing wheelies and stuff?  ;D ;D
hahahaha :D
I heard they did mean stoppies though ;)

Was great meeting you in Chicago, Brian! 8)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

chris_chops

When are we picking it up?  I'm cleaning out the back of the truck today.  Call me, sucka!

TZDeSioux

Quotehahahaha :D
I heard they did mean stoppies though ;)

Was great meeting you in Chicago, Brian! 8)

I wouldnt know about any stoppies. I don't know how to do them on purpose yet.  ;D

It was cool meeting you too. You're a funny fella. :)

TZDeSioux

QuoteWhen are we picking it up?  I'm cleaning out the back of the truck today.  Call me, sucka!

I will as soon as I know the exact delivery time and date. By the way... my best at Assen on Takuma Aoki's bike is 1:59.48 I should be into the 58's by end of this week. Can't believe how difficult it  is to find the extra few tenths.

TZ_Boy

Brian e-mail me when you get it so I can come by and drool on it after work.  Did you check out the R1 tank decal's at the show?  Let me know if you want a pair.

TZDeSioux

Paul,
email me your number.. I'll call you when I get it so you can come by and see it. And yes I saw the tank emblem. It is very cool. How much is a pair? I do want some! bdkwak@leopardo.com

motomadness

Hey, I'm new to Yami-land.  I'm also interested in the stickers.

Brian, call me too.  I want to see it in it's raw form.

TZDeSioux

Hey now... the tank decals are for 2 year veterans of the Yamaha TZ! You'll have to wait till next year!  ;D ;D I'll give you a ring too when I pick up the bike.

motomadness

I should get one because this is my second year racing a two-stroke and I decided to go towards the bright light of the TZ.

;D ;D ;D ;D

TZDeSioux

Super Dave

I had a TZ in 1988 and 1989.  How about the TR2 that was in "Little Fauss Big Halsey" that I rode?  Does that count?  Can I have some?  And what would I be getting? ;D :o
Super Dave

TZDeSioux

Dave..
you're special! you deserve two! :)

Super Dave

Super Dave

Protein Filled

Dave is so special, he even goes to the track on the short bus... ;D
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

TZDeSioux

Correction!!! My TZ does not arrive this week  :'(

Dawn

QuoteCorrection!!! My TZ does not arrive this week  :'(

Boy - that sucks!

When is supposed to be here now?

Dawn   :-/

TZDeSioux

Okay.. here's the problem. The VIN on the bike that arrived does not match the VIN on my invoice. The VIN on the bike belongs to a fellow in England who ordered it in September and according to Yamaha Japan my bike will not be released until March 7th out of it's 2nd production run. So my broker is going to contact the fellow in England and see if he's willing to wait 2 more weeks to get his bike and if he's okay with that... the bike will be mine. Otherwise I have to wait till sometime in March to get the bike. My broker has agreed to eat the cost difference between ocean freight and air freight for the mistake so it should take no longer than a week to get my bike once their shop in Japan gets the bike from Yamaha Japan. Lets hope the English fellow is in no hurry to get his bike.  :-/ The price one must pay to buy a GP bike. Good Lord!

TZ_Boy

Brian just call me at work when you do get it.  847 359-4844.  I ordered your emblems today they are less than $20 for the pair.  Sean you can't have these tank emblems/sticker's as they are for a '03 R1 and will only fit '03 Yamaha model's. ;D

SliderPhoto

Quote...  :-/ The price one must pay to buy a GP bike. Good Lord!

Good Lord is right!

Waiting sucks!

TZDeSioux

Just got word that the prick in England wants his bike asap. So I have no choice to wait till march. I just hope I can make it to the first round at Blackhawk now. I will most definately be using a different broker the next time I buy a bike from Japan.  :'(