Heartland Park

Started by RCR_531, November 25, 2007, 10:38:25 AM

RCR_531

Has anyone been on the track since it was redone? I was watching a race on Speed the other day and turn 1 looks to be a lot faster. It also made the wall outside of turn 2 look awfully close to the track.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

Super Dave

Couple times.  I think times will be six to eight seconds faster.  They keep moving things.
Super Dave

YellowRacer

I've cornered worked HPT a couple times. But not since they changed the course. Turn 1, and 8 (corkscrew) were redone. They are now, a high-speed turn. The car guys were complaining... Damn car people: P

The only thing that worried really was turn 6 I think. If you didn't turn right, you were going into a wall. And turn 8. You left turn 7 a slow left turn, and up the hill. Then a blind right to another straight to the corkscrew. On turn 8 there was wall all along it.
CCS #131 AM

How do they do it?
Why do they do it?
Riding, and crashing, and riding, and winning
And always faster, and faster, and faster!
     - Faster

Super Dave

Turns one and two were changed in addition to eight.  The old configurations can be used. 

Turn five is a right.  If you go straight, you continue up the road that is part of another HPT configuration that leads to the straight between seven and eight.  We used that portion of that with CCS in 1997 along with turn one being a fast left hander off the straight.
Super Dave

RCR_531

From what I have heard turn 1 will be the only new part we will be using. Hey Dave on 4-14-08 will there be at Trackday going on too?
Rodney LeQuia

Lithum Motorsports

Super Dave

Should be a track day on the 14th.
Super Dave

steve p

Hey Rodney,  I was watching the same race and thought the
same thing.  Looked like turn 2, the concrete wall was too close
for comfort.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

ccs117

The wall at the chicane on the backside is more of an issue than the wall at turn one.  Atleast for me, but I've only rode it once since the new work has been completed.

Jack_Brock

Quote from: ccs117 on November 25, 2007, 07:53:45 PM
The wall at the chicane on the backside is more of an issue than the wall at turn one.  Atleast for me, but I've only rode it once since the new work has been completed.

Brent, when was that?  I went up for a day and watched the SCCA Runoffs and the cars didn't slow down much for the chicane.  It looks like on a bike you'd be well over 100mph and headed straight for a wall if you mess up.  I can't imagine running the new pavement there.
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

RCR_531

I think we use the old chicane but the wall outside of turn 2 is the one I was thinking of. I have not been there and sometime on TV things look worst then they are. We are going to be caring some unreal speeds through 2 and heading into 3 from what I got watvhing the race on SPEED. I guess I will see in March or April when I make it over there.
Rodney LeQuia

Lithum Motorsports

ccs117

Brent, when was that?  I went up for a day and watched the SCCA Runoffs and the cars didn't slow down much for the chicane.  It looks like on a bike you'd be well over 100mph and headed straight for a wall if you mess up.  I can't imagine running the new pavement there.

The Monday after MAM.  I believe it was October 15th day after the Runoffs.  The new chicane was much faster and the wall there could come into play.  For me, more of an issue than turn 2.

Spooner

Brent-remember that day it was wet coming out of 2 so we were down on speed by a big amount-the wall wasn't moved coming out of 2 so it would be a short trip into the wall if you tossed it there...
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6