Who do you buy your tires from?

Started by tshort, February 24, 2003, 05:13:34 AM

Protein Filled

Tom Mason is definetly the way to go. Like Dave mentioned, the fresher the tire the better.

For prices, Tom said on a different thread:

<Tom_Mason_Talking>I can tell you what the CCS Midwest, Great Lakes and Great Plains regions prices will be. These should be the same everywhere.

2003 track distributor / track vendor prices are:

Pirelli DOT 120/180 $340.00 per set.  

Michelin S2 or M2 DOT will be $330.00 per set.

Michelin H2 rear with the S2 or M2 front will be $280.00 this year.

The Pilot Race Ones, will be on closeout this year while supplies last at $260.00 per set

If you need any other tire sizes priced I'll be glad to post them for you.
</Tom_Mason_Talking>
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

MELK-MAN

get all my michelin tires from Frank Kinsey. hes on the web. $360 set. if you buy track side or keep a recipt that you got them from him, he will mount at the track for free. soft and mediums are the same price.
michelin contingency card!!!! wooohoooo....finally a little payback..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Steviebee

I hate to ask ??  

But what about Metzelers ?? Is there a track side vendor that has them ?

Does anyone know if they will be included in the contingency with Pirelli ?

Super Dave

Same tire as the Pirelli, just a different mold.  The companies are located in the same office.  Pirelli is kind of a high performance name, while Metzler is kind of a sport touring name.

Frank is a good guy, Walt is a good guy, Dave is a good guy.  Really, all the Bib Men are good people.  Even when I have not been using Michelin's, they have always been very good, knowledgeable people.
Super Dave

tshort

QuoteMASON, MASON, MASON, oh did I mention that you should buy your tires for Tom Mason. Nicest guy you will ever meet, and knows a s@#$ load about tires.

Steve

So if I'm hearing you all correctly, Tom M is the bizness for tires?  OK, I think I get it.  Now, how does one go about ordering rubber from this mystery man?  did a google on him and didn't get a website for him.  

Thanks,
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Dawn

QuoteSo if I'm hearing you all correctly, Tom M is the bizness for tires?  OK, I think I get it.  Now, how does one go about ordering rubber from this mystery man?  did a google on him and didn't get a website for him.  

Thanks,

He is at the track and you can get your tires there.  That is the most convenient way.

Dawn   :)

tigerblade

Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Dawn

QuoteAre we talking Midwest?

Yes.

He is always at Blackhawk, RA, and Gingerman.  Tom is probably at the Gateway and others, but do don't go to those tracks.

Super Dave

And Tom will be at Daytona until after the 200.

Tom Mason <thetireguy2@msn.com>
Super Dave

tigerblade

QuoteYes.

He is always at Blackhawk, RA, and Gingerman.  Tom is probably at the Gateway and others, but do don't go to those tracks.

Problem is that Gateway and MAM are the only tracks close to me.   ;)  I hope to get to Blackhawk, but it'll be a haul.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Super Dave

Tom does MAM...

I think that Mitch Stien does Gateway for Tom.  309-353-7223 Mid -Illini Motorsports
Super Dave