Gearing for Homestead

Started by Toves33, November 19, 2007, 07:51:58 AM

Toves33

What gearing would you guys recommend for Homestead? I ride an 02 R6 and right now it is geared with a 16 front and a 50 rear. Judging by the track map, the track looks like it has a lot of straights for the top end. Thanks!

Juan

Toves33

Come on! I know someone want to share their secret. I need every possible edge I can get. Ha!

GSXR RACER MIKE

Not trying to be an ass, but people MAY not be responding since this question has been asked before and simply using the 'SEARCH' function on this site would most likely provide you with the answer - I think alot of people like to see someone at least attempted to find an answer for themself. If doing a search didn't provide the answer you're looking for THEN starting a thread and asking for the information wouldn't be looked at as laziness.  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Toves33

I did a search, and nothing came up besides my thread. There definitely isn't anything specific to Homestead either. It's not that big of a deal, I just thought I would ask the question and maybe someone would have an answer. Isn't that what this forum is for? It's no big deal. Thanks. 

GSXR RACER MIKE

Try sending MELK-MAN a message, he might be able to offer you some gearing advice.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

MELK-MAN

not sure about an 02r6, but my 03-04-05 was 15/47-48 or so. So 1 down in the front.. the 07r6 is totally different however. Gear your bike so you hit the rev limiter in 5th gear when you coming donw the banking into T1. I dont use 6th gear there any longer. TO use 6th, 2nd gear is to revy in some other corners. Hope that helps
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Toves33

Thanks Melk-Man! Right now I have a 16 front and 50 rear. I will go ahead and buy a 48 (stock) rear sprocket tomorrow and see how that works out. I will use your comment about hitting the rev limiter in 5th gear before turn one as a reference point. Thanks again!