michelin contact

Started by sliding68, November 14, 2007, 11:39:28 AM

sliding68

Looking for some help with tires next yr.  Wondering if anyone had the contact for Michelin sponsorship ??.....

spyderchick

Start with your local track side vendor. They can direct you to the proper people. Have a complete, yet concise resume ready.

Good luck.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

JBraun

ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

sliding68

No one would happen to have a number would they???....

wolf44

Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

cb186

Quote from: sliding68 on November 14, 2007, 11:39:28 AM
Looking for some help with tires next yr.  Wondering if anyone had the contact for Michelin sponsorship ??.....

if you're fast enough to get a tire deal, they likely already know about you.
2004 R6
cra #186
wera #186
superbikers2 #186
ccs #184
www.314racing.com, Hot Kitty's Pu$$ycat Lounge and Photo

tstruyk

thats why I dont go so fast... creeps me out having people "know about me"  :ahhh:

My guess is if you dont have any contact info for your local trackside rep (who would in turn be able to give you the contact info you need) then you may be spinning your wheels... not to discourage you from trying.  They cant say yes if you never ask!!

Your best bet to save some $$ on tires is to try to commit to all your tires from your trackside vendor.  I know from time to time they will discount your purcahse a bit buying in bulk (say 10 sets at the beginning of the season).  No promises but I would start there... unless you know something about you that we dont. 
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Ducati23

CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

tstruyk

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

sliding68

thanks for all the positive feedback.....

MELK-MAN

Quote from: sliding68 on November 14, 2007, 04:46:00 PM
thanks for all the positive feedback.....

not sure what you were expecting dude. It is RARE for beginning racers to be given tire deals. It usually comes from proving yourself for a couple seasons and showing your going to be around for a bit, not just a "flash in the pan" rider. I would not put hopes in being able to just call someone and saying "give me tires-im fast". That being said, the Michelin contingency program is the BEST around. THey pay 5 positions if 10 riders, 4 if there are 8 riders and pay the most im pretty sure. You also get a debit card that you can use ANYWHERE, not just on tires. Go racing, finish well, promote the tires, then email Ron Wood. If interested i can email you his contact email adds. my email is gmelka@tampabay.rr.com
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice