Buell 1125?

Started by Court Jester, November 10, 2007, 03:54:46 PM

Court Jester

I have all of my bikes up for sale at the moment and looking at something different for next season. (so if you know anyone looking for a bike, I have 6 on the market.)
I've been reading about the new Buell 1125 and thus far pretty impressed. Just curious as to what classes this would be legal in.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

schmitty

I was thinking the same.  I think the only options right now are the Heavyweight and Unlimited classes, and Supertwins.  The problem is I'm an amateur, and taking that step is pretty big.  Plus, Buell doesn't pay anything but Thunderbike for us amateurs.
CCS MW AM #133
2009 Sponsors: AGVSport, Suomy, Vortex, Amsoil, Buell of Appleton, Metro Motorcycle, The Locker Room Sports Pub

PJ

The 1125R should be a weapon in Super Twins. It would also be legal for CCS heavyweight and unlimited classes.

Buell has a great contingency and racer support program and my understanding is that the 2008 program has been expanded. Details will likely be released before the end of November, so stay tuned...
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

Court Jester

I'll still be an amature next year for sure. i sucked this year. but i was planning on getting a 2 750's for next year but the more i read about the 1125, the better it soundsa. and i really like the idea of buying an american made bike over the others.
CCS# 469

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Super Dave

Yeah, Mike, a big twin like that will race in everything a GSXR750 would be in, plus Supertwins.

It should be interesting for an Austrian motored bike...LOL!

Or you could get into my SV1000S.  If it doesn't move sooner rather than later, I might have to consider another idea that includes it.
Super Dave

Burt Munro

Quote from: Super Dave on November 10, 2007, 10:08:26 PM
Or you could get into my SV1000S.  If it doesn't move sooner rather than later, I might have to consider another idea that includes it.

New blower motor for your pellet furnace?  :thumb:    :lmao:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Super Dave

LOL!  That was actually really funny!
Super Dave

Eric Kelcher

1125 (and 1098) are legal in CCS HeavySuperbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited SuperBike, Unlimited GP, Supertwins, GTO and ASRA SuperStock.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Court Jester

CCS# 469

Super Dave

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on November 11, 2007, 12:50:39 PM
1125 (and 1098) are legal in CCS HeavySuperbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited SuperBike, Unlimited GP, Supertwins, GTO and ASRA SuperStock.

Hey, Eric...

I think you have a rule book there.

Heavyweight Supersport is limited to 1000cc's for twins.  While that's ok for RC51's, SV/TL's, RSV's, 999's...  Similarly for F40.

I don't believe that the 1125 and the 1098 are legal, unless you're changing those class configurations. 

I wasn't correct basing the 1125 classes based on my SV1000 according to the 2007 rule book.
Super Dave

Ducati23

They should be allowed in HW SBK in 2008.
CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

Super Dave

It's already legal in HWSB.  But HWSS it isn't currently legal for.  Same for 1098.
Super Dave

Court Jester

what keeps it from being legal? I've not read the rule book.
CCS# 469

Super Dave

Quote from: Super Dave on November 11, 2007, 01:09:37 PM
Heavyweight Supersport is limited to 1000cc's for twins.  While that's ok for RC51's, SV/TL's, RSV's, 999's...  Similarly for F40.

I don't believe that the 1125 and the 1098 are legal, unless you're changing those class configurations. 

I wasn't correct basing the 1125 classes based on my SV1000 according to the 2007 rule book.

There you go.

HWSS's limits are finite for twins, and the 1125 Buell, at 1125cc's, is above the 1000cc limit.
Super Dave

backMARKr

C'mon Mike....run LW with us.....you can't crash a LW, its tooootally safe :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Super Dave

Don't...

start...

LOL!

SV1000's should be in LWSB...LOL!
Super Dave

backMARKr

Dave...you're evil.... :biggrin:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Super Dave

You have no idea.   ::)
Super Dave

Ducati23

1098's should be HWSS Legal. :ahhh: It's just a twin. David should not be allowed to race twins because he is evil  :kicknuts: would that make him an evil twin?  :wtf:
CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

Super Dave

Super Dave