News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Case Guard Waiver

Started by Toves33, November 10, 2007, 11:44:01 AM

Toves33

Is there any way that I can be waivered to race at Homestead without Engine case guards on my 02 R6? This will be my first race. Thanks!

Juan

Super Dave

Since it's an old model, several generations now, I would expect that you will be required to have them, period.  Only ones that have been waived have been new models that don't have those parts available for them.

CCS Florida would be the people to contact. 

You could try Henry DeGouw at hdpromos@aol.com
Super Dave

spyderchick

For a temporary fix, you can get a 1 inch x 1/8 inch piece of aluminum stock, bend it around as a guard securing using the case bolts. Ghetto, but you will pass tech.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Toves33

That is pretty ghetto. Ha! If I cant't get a waiver, I will just go ahead and order the case guards. It just sucks prepping the bike from scratch because it is costing a whole lot of money. If I get too overwhelmed, I will just have to suck it up and wait until the first race next year.

r1owner

Quote from: Super Dave on November 10, 2007, 01:37:32 PM
Since it's an old model, several generations now, I would expect that you will be required to have them, period.  Only ones that have been waived have been new models that don't have those parts available for them.

CCS Florida would be the people to contact. 

You could try Henry DeGouw at hdpromos@aol.com

Even for people that just took the school?  I could swear I've seen bikes out there with no enclosed lower...  I guess they must've had hardened case covers on them.

Court Jester

Quote from: Toves33 on November 10, 2007, 05:32:02 PM
It just sucks prepping the bike from scratch because it is costing a whole lot of money.

oh dude. just wait. it gets worse.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

JBraun

Quote from: Toves33 on November 10, 2007, 05:32:02 PM
It just sucks prepping the bike from scratch because it is costing a whole lot of money. 

The covers are required for the safety of those around you. If it's about money, you should give up something that won't cause someone else to crash or be hurt.

ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Toves33

Good point! I will need them for next season anyways, so I better just buy it now.

gixxerlvr

what bikes need case guards?

Super Dave

I don't have a rulebook in front of me, but never be afraid to open it.  Even if it's the pdf version. 

The specific manufacturers models will be listed in there.
Super Dave

gixxerlvr

it's not on the website right now, are they updating it?

Toves33

From the rulebook:

The following motorcycles must have case guards installed on both sides
of the engine: Suzuki GSXR (all models), Suzuki GSF (all models),
Suzuki GSX (all models), Yamaha FZR600 & YZF (all models except
R-1 ). Case guards may be in the form of strengthened side covers. This
list is subject to change and is at the discretion of the
Tech Inspector. Frame sliders are not acceptable as engine case guards.