News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Bring back the International Horseshoe !!

Started by scottg22, November 09, 2007, 11:22:38 AM

zeroice

Hey all,
You want to make it safe, run the old horse shoe and move the wall back.
I agree, the new horseshoe is not safe. Definitly tighter than the old one, contrary to what they said in the riders meeting: "the new horse shoe is an exact replica of the old one", BS. But the biggest issue was the pit exit, the blend from the old horse shoe is dangerous. If you come out of the pit hauling a$$ and someone else is exiting the new horseshoe and hauling ass but loses it, its like a T bone collision! someone can get seriously hurt. Maybe on the old horse shoe, a crashing rider may hit the wall, but with the new horse shoe, potentially 2 riders can get hurt. But wait, what is the probability of 2 people colliding in the new horse shoe? I think its not as high as someone hitting the wall in the old horseshoe... I don't know, its all speculation.

All in all I prefer the old horse shoe. Less risk for coming out of the pits. Then again I'm an endurance racer so my opinion is biased.

Ideally, the best solution is to run the old horse shoe and move the wall back. Also move the access road back and you lose some RV space too. That is the cost of good safety. I'm sure the AMA FX guys would agree with me.

But realistically, will that happen? probably not...

my 2 cents.
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

CounterSteerer

Quote from: zeroice on November 13, 2007, 09:45:50 PM
Hey all,
You want to make it safe, run the old horse shoe and move the wall back.
I agree, the new horseshoe is not safe. Definitly tighter than the old one, contrary to what they said in the riders meeting: "the new horse shoe is an exact replica of the old one", BS. But the biggest issue was the pit exit, the blend from the old horse shoe is dangerous. If you come out of the pit hauling a$$ and someone else is exiting the new horseshoe and hauling ass but loses it, its like a T bone collision! someone can get seriously hurt. Maybe on the old horse shoe, a crashing rider may hit the wall, but with the new horse shoe, potentially 2 riders can get hurt. But wait, what is the probability of 2 people colliding in the new horse shoe? I think its not as high as someone hitting the wall in the old horseshoe... I don't know, its all speculation.

All in all I prefer the old horse shoe. Less risk for coming out of the pits. Then again I'm an endurance racer so my opinion is biased.

Ideally, the best solution is to run the old horse shoe and move the wall back. Also move the access road back and you lose some RV space too. That is the cost of good safety. I'm sure the AMA FX guys would agree with me.

But realistically, will that happen? probably not...

my 2 cents.
+1 What he said. :thumb:
CCS FL, ASRA
Jason Edmonds