Question.....

Started by cmra-ex, November 05, 2007, 05:56:26 PM

cmra-ex

How many OTHER racers did Kevin Dennis of the CMRA feel he needed to "out"?

Answer: Other than Travis, NONE.

Why?
Because of the threat that Travis is going to be heading a competing CCS race organization next year in the CMRA's region.

It was a cowardly attempt to discredit someone because of fear that a new racing organzation may take money out of Kevins pocket.

Regardless of how you may feel about Travis being an amatuer or expert, you need to realize the motive behind the original post.
It's a cowardly and low thing to assault a mans character and "hide" behind saying you're "just wanting to make sure rules are enforced."
Then again, many who are familiar with the inner workings of the CMRA are not surprised by it.

Super Dave

I think that's what a lot of individuals are thinking. 

Is there that much goofiness going on in CMRA?  I mean, there's an amount everywhere, and that's fine.  But is this really pointed at him?  What are your thoughts?
Super Dave

Court Jester

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

cmra-ex

Quote from: Super Dave on November 05, 2007, 06:00:07 PM
I think that's what a lot of individuals are thinking. 

Is there that much goofiness going on in CMRA?  I mean, there's an amount everywhere, and that's fine.  But is this really pointed at him?  What are your thoughts?

Yes, unfortunatley there is. There's a double standard when it comes to the rules, "buddy deals" and people just outright strong-arming vendors / track managers.
If you don't go along, they'll make it hard on you.
Did you notice in the other thread the way the CMRA racers tip toed around outright cslling out the CMRA for what it has become? 

Burt Munro

This is all starting to make a lot more sense now.......   :spank:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

gpz11

This is all well and good, however, Travis is still listed as an expert for WERA. Please explain that.

BigJerm7

i race both the CMRA and CCS.  doesn't matter to me that he's starting his own series or not.  will i race in it?  probably not after this deal.  is he going to be an amatuer in his own series after winning regional and national championships?   

sandbagging is sandbagging, and I think there were more people speaking out against what he did than taking up for him.  his money didn't buy his championship in the cmra so he traveled from the Houston area to as far as Homestead, FL to race the CCS Florida series on probably a $25k bike.  Did he tell the CCS that he had been bumped to expert in the CMRA and came in 3rd place in HWeight twins?  If he was so against the CMRA and being an expert why did he put on the white plates and race at all in the CMRA this year?

I think Kevin would've called out anybody else that did the same thing, just a coincidence.  All he did was post nothing but facts.  No need for the name calling and mudslinging.  If you have a problem with the CMRA, you need to air it out there.  A lot of the CMRA guys didn't even know Travis was the one starting the CCS South.  The CMRA does have a loyal following and has been in existence for 30 years.  The new series might take a few dollars out of their pocket, but i think they'll get by.  And unless Kevin works off commission, I don't think it will directly effect his pocket.

Super Dave

I think there are plenty of people that are troubled by some of the situation that Travis may have developed on his own. 

I don't know when the idea of CCS South started with him, but you would think that he would have been walking on egg shells to make it all work well with everyone. 

As for him and white plates, I think there's plenty of evidence that says that there's the requirement that he run some races as an expert while petitioning to be amateur/novice again.

I think it would be manly of him to contact some of those that he did race against.  He does have a website and all where he's proudly showcasing his Daytona championship trophy.

Anyway...
Super Dave

cmra-ex

BigJerm,
Your arguement would be far more compelling if Kevun had "called out"
others who have sandbagged, including some notable CMRA racers, but he hasn't.
He chose to attack this one individual.

As far as the whole snadbagging thing, I'm not defending him, nor is this thread about that.
I'm merely pointing out the motive behind Kevins action.

Keith Hertell

Quote from: gpz11 on November 06, 2007, 06:32:17 AM
This is all well and good, however, Travis is still listed as an expert for WERA. Please explain that.

EXACTLY!!! And, Why all the anonomous defenders of this guy???

Eric Kelcher

Enough already.

Travis did not meet the requiremnts to advance to expert.

He did NOT race with WERA as an expert. He raced with CMRA as an expert because that was CMRA policy in order to be reviewed for Amateur status. If CMRA would have had reviewed him prior to start of the 2007 season and 5 CCS races having occured then this would be a moot point.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Super Dave

Very concise, Eric.  Thank you!
Super Dave