News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New to CCS

Started by Toves33, November 05, 2007, 01:28:32 PM

Toves33

Hello everyone! I am a new amateur member of the Florida CCS. I am thinking of racing at Homestead in December for my first race. What do you guys think of that track? I have ridden Jennings GP a few times, but never Homestead. I figure I might as well dive in and get my feet wet before the 2008 season. I look forward to meeting and racing with you all.  :thumb:

Juan

jgalt187

Homestead was my first race. It is a fun track, but a little intimidating as a first race. I survived it, so can you. It is a lot faster than Jennings, but on your first race weekend you should have two goals. Stay upright, and have fun!
Screwface Racing
CCS 187
Sponsors:
www.racinglinez.com
www.sportbikedeacls.com
Q Ball Customs

Court Jester

go to yahoo or youtube to find videos of the track. that always seems to help me know what to expect when i'm going to a new track. 
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Toves33

Thanks for the info fellas! I hope to race at Homestead, but I am reading through the tech inspection list and I noticed that I have a lot of prep work to do. I need case guards to start off with and then I need to safety wire the bike up.

chaplain220

Juan, welcome bro.  +1 on the keeping it shiny side up advice.  First race, just ride the best line ya can and get used to the proximity and passing of the other bikes.  Even if yer not slaying the track record, the other racers will respect ya if your line is steady, and as you go through the tech list, dont forget to lose the antifreeze.  We get caught up with all the hardware and it slips the mind till last minute to check what ya got in there.  Call your hmo and make sure they will cover ya for racing, spell it out for them to make sure you are covered...You will never be able to explain to your buddies exactly what it feels like to sit on the starting grid, waiting for the green flag to fly!  See ya at some SE events, #220.

r1owner

Welcome to the addiction!

I think they'll let you race the first weekend without case guards.  Prolly just have to change antifreeze and wire it up.

tstruyk

Quote from: Toves33 on November 06, 2007, 02:16:22 PM
Thanks for the info fellas! I hope to race at Homestead, but I am reading through the tech inspection list and I noticed that I have a lot of prep work to do. I need case guards to start off with and then I need to safety wire the bike up.

safety wire requirements with CCS are a brease!  On the R6's at least its a oil drain plug/fill cap/dip stick, and throw a hose clammp around the filter with the screw positioned so it cant spin off... done. 

Moto-R also makes case gaurds that bolt on over your stock stuff... hit up Rob at Lithium, he can have em to ya within a few days. 
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Toves33

Great advice fellas! I can already tell that I am going to have a great time. I will ask to see if I can race Homestead without the case guards, in the meantime I will check with Moto-R. The safety wire requirements don't seem to be too difficult. Will they allow Water Wetter with distilled water in my coolant system?
Thanks again fellas. I value your advice.
Juan

r1owner

Water wetter is fine.

Good luck and have fun!

scottg22

If you dont have your race license, you will need to go through a proper race school.  Penguin School will be down at Homestead, running their schools on Friday and I believe John Long has his school running on Sat?

Either way you have to have taken a race school before you can get your license.

SG

Toves33

I already went through a race school and now have my license. My race # is 373. I should be able to get this prep work in time for Homstead, so hopefully I will meet many of you there.