custom parts [ lastest garge projects]

Started by resurection, November 04, 2007, 09:01:24 PM

resurection

click the picture, for a slideshow.

that's me at the end =]
I'm the old mans helper !
happy holidays.

Streaker

Hey!  Thanks for those parts man.  They have been working out great no problems.  I guess custom fabrication is where it's at.  A lot cheaper than OEM, they're custom, and I probably got them faster than ordering from some other company.  Greatly appreciated!!  I will definitely be talking to you in the future if I need anything else.  Thanks again, Jim

roadracer162

How about some triples to mate an R6 fork to the FZR??

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

resurection

Hello 22 I've made several clamps for custom applications.
I would need your clamps and the tube Dia.
I will then measure the clamps for true hole positions and dia.'s then cut fork tube holes on location to match new tube dia..
please call 1 708 269 3102

K3 Chris Onwiler

I know Guy at Ressurection and trust his work.  I live 20 minutes down the highway from his shop, have gone 175 on Ressurection parts before and I'm still alive.  It's a good possibility that I too may be interested in FZR400/R6 custom triples.  Do you currently have the R6 front end, including R6 triples?  I have a 400 front end complete.  Machining is cheap.  What costs is the machinist's design time to figure out what to make and to get the measurments figured out before he cuts.  We may be able to split the cost of development time on this project if we both order a set.

E me at K3@trackdaymag.com  Maybe we can partner up and save some bread.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

roadracer162

I am always for saving some money.

I currently have the R1 fork with Attack triples on my FZR600 and it works wonderfully. It is the R1 clamps but with the FZR stem with adjustable offset. I ordered mine with 32mm offset.

I have the R6 fork and triple which some have mounted by pressing out the R6 stem and pressing in the FZR stem. Either way some machining of parts will be needed.

I will make a call to you, thanks for providing the phone number.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

resurection

Hey fellas
I'll be glad to help and of course the first one is the most costly, a small production run is best budget wise.
If we can get together on a sample tree and stem that's all I should need along with an accurate fork Dia.

roadracer162

Would a R6 triple and a FZR stem do as the sameples?

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

resurection

That's great if you wont r6 offset maybe send Fzr clamp also I will compare.
      I think K3's working with 400cc I may need both .

I can make clamps that hold FZR stem to the R6 specs.
Maybe you could hold them together to see if there's a difference in the offset?

This sounds great I love making this kind of stuff come together ,I once made a thingamabob for afella in Bent Elbow Creak No Were.

roadracer162

Hahahahaha...

For the Attack triples (R1fork to FZR) I used the FZR stem and offset with the R1 fork diameter. Of course I used this on a FZR600 and it works wonderfully. Won the Florida Regional LW F40 with it with a stock motor for mose of the season after my Superbike motor had some problems.

I would be looking for the FZR stem, mounted into triples with the FZR offset (32MM) and the R6 fork diameter.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

resurection

A copy of the FZR clamp with larger fork bores at 32mm .with your stem installed.

If you send Fzr clamps , stem and dia.of fork
I will get rite on it .

You pay shipping this way I'll pay the way back.You don't pay for parts until they are fit.

Gus

roadracer162

The FZR400 and FZR600 are similar and use the same geometry.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22