News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

WARNING!!!! Don't let your bike freeze!

Started by K3 Chris Onwiler, November 04, 2007, 08:23:36 PM

K3 Chris Onwiler

20 degree temps coming at night this week in the Midwest. If you've got water in your track bike, you'd better do something about it right away! 

My Gixxer 750 is still in my trailer, which is backed against a fence and hooked to a van that won't start. I had to crawl in and winterize the bike right there where it sat, but at least I'll still have an engine once I replace the starter in the van and can get the bike into the garage.... 

I'm so paranoid that I even checked the coolant in the Salvage Sweetheart just to be sure!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

dylanfan53

Don Cook
CCS #53

Burt Munro

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on November 04, 2007, 08:23:36 PM

My Gixxer 750 is still in my trailer, which is backed against a fence and hooked to a van that won't start. 

This wouldn't happen to be a Diesel van that you acquired from someone we both know in Wisconsin would it?   :wah:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

coolice

"The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys"
CCS#958
Crew chief Jamesgang /Hoban Bros.Racing #70 Buell   
2008 Team Challenge GT Lights Champion
2007 & 2008 MotoST GST 3rd overall

Burt Munro

Mike,

Another couple of months and you won't be able to say that anymore!! :thumb:

coolice

Actually it's true now, they started rolling the 1125R off the line last week!
But the majority of us won't need to worry!
"The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys"
CCS#958
Crew chief Jamesgang /Hoban Bros.Racing #70 Buell   
2008 Team Challenge GT Lights Champion
2007 & 2008 MotoST GST 3rd overall

Burt Munro

Next time I see you at the track maybe you can help me find the coolant reservoir on my R1100S.  I'm not sure but I think it might be low!  :spank:

HAWK

Quote from: Burt Munro on November 05, 2007, 01:08:20 AM
Next time I see you at the track maybe you can help me find the coolant reservoir on my R1100S.  I'm not sure but I think it might be low!  :spank:

It probably is but this time of year the coolant gets more effective so you don't need as much.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

gixxerlvr

imafrogg420

2007 R6!!!!!  BAMF Riders!!!

weggieman

Real bikes don't have radiators...........

Court Jester

My garage has a door into the basement so the bikes have their own room.
i'll post a picture of the family room in my old house. i had four bikes on the hard wood floor with their own fire place.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Court Jester

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

zeroice

Mike (Court Jester), thats super funny that all your bikes are in your living room!
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707