Interest in Firebird trackday March 14th?

Started by SlowDragon, February 21, 2003, 06:08:05 PM

SlowDragon

Ah, the saga continues.

I spoke to the track again and they said that they have a contract with CCS for March 14th-16th. The contracts guy at CCS put me in touch with Kevin Elliot who confirmed that they do not have the track on the 14th so a discussion between Firebird and CCS seems to be in order  :o

So, I asked the track that if/when CCS confirm they are not using the track could we rent it and the answer is yes!!! Except, we need to have a $ 5 million liability insurance policy, it's too short notice for them to organize cornerworkers and they're not sure about the medical/safety crew. Mmmmmm.... >:(

OK, now I admit this is becoming a challenge. The track have suggested that I contact a local track day organizer (again) which I have. If they are still not interested how about we have a whip-round for the required $ 5 million?

Bring back the LP Sport Rider DAY  :P

I will keep you all posted.

Simon

zx9r-racer

Appreciate the legwork Simon.  Want me to send you a blank check to cover the $5mil.?   ;D

garthed

Please CCS bring back the track day on Friday. If there is going to be a track day on Friday at Firebird  someone let me know I will go.

Thanks
Garth

SlowDragon

Further 'progress'.

One of the local trackday organizers is interested in taking on hosting the event if we can get 50 riders signed up for 150 or less riders more $$$ each.

So far this illustrious poll has gathered the interest of 10, yes 10!!!, people. I am personally dragging another couple of people along so could I ask that anyone who is interested and has not yet voted please do so.

I am hoping that the CCS/Firebird discussion takes place on Monday and we should get the go-ahead to rent the track on the 14th.

I'm annoying the residents around Laguna Seca on Tuesday so I'll give it until 9pm Pacific on Wednesday to see how much interest there really is. At that time the party of 10 can either have a very exclusive, very expensive trackday or we (I) admit defeat.

Bring back the LP Sport Rider DAYS

SlowDragon

Sorry, that should have been 50 riders for $ 150 each or less riders for more than $ 150 each.

MZGirl

Based on the number of people estimated in the replies, you're up to 24.  I think that not everyone votes on the poll, or can't get it to work.  Plus, a few know of 4 to 5 others that would be interested, so they probably don't click on the poll another 4 to 5 times (I know I didn't).  But this is a good thing...the more we get the better.   :)

racesbikes

I know of 4-5 people that are interested, but I didn't answer in the poll 4-5 times.

dryheat

I get this everytime I try to vote:

An Error Has Occured!
An error occured with this poll and the vote could not be counted. Sorry for the inconvinience.

So, you have one for me, plus two others that are interested (that won't show up in the poll)...

Litespeed

If we practice Friday by some stroke of luck would we be able to set up camp and leave it for the weekend also?  I'm sure some people would pay just to be able to do that...

zx9r-racer

Once again, appreciate all the legwork SlowDragon.  Looking forward to dicing it out with you too!   ;D

SlowDragon

zx9R

Oh, are we racing in the same classes again? I should have mentioned that this trackday will not be for any amateurs running in SuperTwins, HW Superbike/Sport, GTO or Unlimited GP  ;D

Everyone else is more than welcome.

You heading to Laguna tomorrow by any chance? Weather looks pretty dismal so the track should offer its usual lack of grip in the morning. I don't think I'll be able to make Buttonwillow on Monday as my quota of vouchers from my better half and the kids are running sort of low  :P

zx9r-racer

Quotezx9R

Oh, are we racing in the same classes again? I should have mentioned that this trackday will not be for any amateurs running in SuperTwins, HW Superbike/Sport, GTO or Unlimited GP  ;D

Everyone else is more than welcome.

You heading to Laguna tomorrow by any chance? Weather looks pretty dismal so the track should offer its usual lack of grip in the morning. I don't think I'll be able to make Buttonwillow on Monday as my quota of vouchers from my better half and the kids are running sort of low  :P

DOH!  :o   Hehe....next thing ya know, you'll be charging extra for people running those classes. ;D

Nah, no go on Laguna.  Just bought some new rotors, so that has effectively sapped my track day money for the rest of the month.  Doing BW on the 10th, and then Pahrump on the 4/12.  Can't wait to do that one.