News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Interesting thread on a CCS/ASRA regular...

Started by spyderchick, October 23, 2007, 11:07:28 AM

Burt Munro

Ed,

They only had you down for the Daytona encounter with Nate.  Wasn't there one in '06 at Topeka too?
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

eeky

Quote from: Burt Munro on November 07, 2007, 06:17:33 PM
Ed,

They only had you down for the Daytona encounter with Nate.  Wasn't there one in '06 at Topeka too?

Technically he didn't really run me off the track, hit me or put me into the ICU in that particular incident so it doesn't fully meet the requirements of the post.

He couldn't run me all the way off the track because the pit wall was in the way. He didn't hit me because I was able to turn hard enough and quick enough to avoid his chop so I didn't make it to the ICU on that day. An entire tower full of CCS officials, including the race director witnessed the LSOC try to put me into the pit wall. The fact that he left Topeka with his license intact still astounds me to this day.   

The funniest thing about the incident was a member of the Kern camp, no wait, I'm sure by now a former member of the Kern camp stating "If Key thinks he's so fast why did he wait until the last lap to pass".

I still laugh about that.

Ed Key

plasticweld

Did anyone else read the write up on him in the Road Racer Mag..? He is the best thing since sliced bread according to the article
EmpireGP.com
Sport Bike Plastic Welding, Custom Painting Tank Repair
Ride Hard Take Chances    We Need the Work!

CCS WERA #865

spyderchick

Quote from: plasticweld on November 08, 2007, 03:17:17 PM
Did anyone else read the write up on him in the Road Racer Mag..? He is the best thing since sliced bread according to the article

RoadRacing World. Get it right or Mr. Ulrich may take offense.  :spank: :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

yetidave

Quote from: plasticweld on November 08, 2007, 03:17:17 PM

Yes, and now the writer who wrote that piece is looking a little deeper into Mr. Kern's past. That's why Road Racing World is the best motorcycle publication in print. They actually care about the sport and the people involved in it.

Burt Munro

Quote from: spyderchick on November 08, 2007, 04:14:08 PM
RoadRacing World. Get it right or Mr. Ulrich may take offense.  :spank: :biggrin:
At least he didn't copy and paste part/all of the story from RRW!  :thumb:  :biggrin:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

gigantic