News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona Updates Please......Whats going on??? Thanks

Started by PaulV, October 19, 2007, 08:18:44 PM

PaulV

Ok,

I heard that Dustin Boyd took home the GTO Am race today and Jason Runte brought home 4th....

Anyone else....?

No hurricanes in the forecast that I can see so there should be some good racing this year...:)

Paul
Polar-Optics LLC
MW Ex 79
See Better, Ride Safer!

Court Jester

I got a text from Krishna...aka,Zroice informing that he won the race and the championship in his class.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

surftheasphalt

Good job ,3rd AM GTU A.J. Krauze, congrats man
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=30575
MW#80

benprobst

BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

tug296

Moto ST also allows rider to stay on the bike, with the engine running. When AMA-CCS ran endurance races, I think rules stated you could NOT be on the bike for refueling, and the engine must not be running.
Last October's 8 hr, the team pitted 2 spots back from us caught fire, flames 20 ft. high as the rider rode away, he stopped it in front of us and was extinguished, not burned bad though.
I think this rule is one that needs to be reviewed in all endurance series.

What would the argument be in favor of rider staying on the bike, 3-5 seconds saved from throwing a leg over and grabbing the bars?
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Rick Beggs

Unofficial Results

Team Challenge, Overall
#1 The RnR Cycles team, Moon Repsol
#2 Moon's Super Cycle
#3 Chucktown Moto

Team Challenge, GTO
#1 Chucktown Moto
#2 Moon's Super Cycle
#3 The RnR Cycles team, Moon Repsol

Team Challenge, GTU
#1 RnR Racing
#2 D2 Cycles
#3 Britt Motorsports
RICK BEGGS
RnRCycles VPLubricants TuckerPowerSports FullSpectrumPower MotoLiberty RSTaichi AraiHelmet EBCBrakes EvansCoolant EVS DIDChains MaacoSterling ArmourBodies LextekMotorcycle WoolichRacing Woodcraft JTSprockets ZeroGravityRacing PitBull Lapking ChickenHawk PodiumMotorsportsPirelli

SVbadguy

Turning off the bike will not make the engine cold all of sudden, so it's pointless do be required to do so.  I'll also stand by my belief that dry break setup are not any safer than just dumping fuel straight in.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

yetidave

Quote from: rrrrrrrick on October 20, 2007, 10:16:27 AM
Unofficial Results

Team Challenge, Overall
#1 The RnR Cycles team, Moon Repsol
#2 Moon's Super Cycle
#3 Chucktown Moto

Team Challenge, GTO
#1 Chucktown Moto
#2 Moon's Super Cycle
#3 The RnR Cycles team, Moon Repsol

Team Challenge, GTU
#1 RnR Racing
#2 D2 Cycles
#3 Britt Motorsports

Nice job Rick. Tell Crashie I said congrats.

Rick Beggs

her name on the front of her leathers is Crashie till she  makes 3 weekends in a row with no crashes, she has 2 weekends  to go
RICK BEGGS
RnRCycles VPLubricants TuckerPowerSports FullSpectrumPower MotoLiberty RSTaichi AraiHelmet EBCBrakes EvansCoolant EVS DIDChains MaacoSterling ArmourBodies LextekMotorcycle WoolichRacing Woodcraft JTSprockets ZeroGravityRacing PitBull Lapking ChickenHawk PodiumMotorsportsPirelli

Kuala76

Quote from: rrrrrrrick on October 20, 2007, 02:06:56 PM
her name on the front of her leathers is Crashie till she  makes 3 weekends in a row with no crashes, she has 2 weekends  to go

:lmao: :lmao: I didn't know that!!! Hope you guys are having a great time down there!!!
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

steve p

Dustin Boyd wraped up the Unlimited Supersport title today too.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

proechel539

congrats Rick and all involved, good luck with the rest of the weekend!
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

yetidave

Quote from: rrrrrrrick on October 20, 2007, 02:06:56 PM

LMAO

Mongo

Engine off does decrease exhaust temps appreciably so we require it.  Haven't allowed a rider on the bike for the 20 years I've been going to Endurance races either.  MotoST has changed their rule as of yesterday, I'm sad it took such a horrific injury to get it done. 

Single dry breaks aren't necessarily safer from a spill standpoint.  Dual ones vented back to the can are.  Both are safer than an open stock filler because they seal that fuel off from any flames in a fire.

SVBadGuy - you really ought to try hanging in the pits at Summit next year.  You'll see what I mean.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Scotty Ryan

My teammates and I won the Moto-St 8 Hour endurance race in the ST class for SpeedWerks.com.... Alot of bad luck and just enough good luck to pull it off.... 8 hours of non-stop thrashing will pretty much kill a bike - I was just glad we were able to bring it home for the team....
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

vsquires

I participated in the Team Challenge also, were 3 pits away from Villa, It was horrific to see him on fire like that.  On of our pit crew members started running down there with our fire extinguisher but luckly they put him out before he was able to reach him.  I too believe its way safer to get off the bike and fill her up.  I mean even if you spill it and the gas doesn't catch fire, your balls are going to be burning the rest of the day.

As a side note we finished 1st in GTU and 9th overall. Way to go Bone Head Racing!  :cheers:   

PaulV

Hey Scotty,
OUTSTANDING MAN!!!
Congrats to you and the rest of the team!

Quote from: SCOTTY727 on October 22, 2007, 02:35:39 PM
My teammates and I won the Moto-St 8 Hour endurance race in the ST class for SpeedWerks.com.... Alot of bad luck and just enough good luck to pull it off.... 8 hours of non-stop thrashing will pretty much kill a bike - I was just glad we were able to bring it home for the team....
See Better, Ride Safer!