Buells 1125R at R.A.

Started by xb9racer, October 17, 2007, 09:05:29 PM

xb9racer

Got to ride the new Buell 1125R at Buells Inside Pass T.D at Road America on Oct. 9th.
They had 30 preproduction bikes in their fleet. I give them a lot of credit to do this. Yes, I know. It's also P.R.
I'd say 99.999% of the people I spoke with throughout the day had nothing but good things to say about the bike. The people I spoke with were not Buell owners and were there on the personal bikes for the T.D being it was open to all make and models. Even had a H-D cruiser out in the Novice group!
I think this bike will be one to watch out for.

Dr675

I was there too and got to sample three different bikes throughout the day. First up was my Ducati 749 (did I mention enough that its for sale).  Then, I jumped on Garth Cloyd's Yamaha (thanks G-man!) which I loved.  Then onto the 1125R.  You know, I liked it. No vibration out of the engine sitting on pit lane, the gearbox was very smooth (even though I had to reverse my thinking for standard shift on the Buell), brakes were great, the bike didnt seem a handfull to throw it into the corners........all pluses.  It did have a slight wiggle in the bars coming up the hill on the front straight and down into five, but it was very....repeat very slight. Nothing to even correct or take any action on. Just a little wiggle from a lighter front end that took care of itself.

Verdict- 749- great bike, but I am in need of something different. I likey the R1  :thumb:.  But to be smart, I'll jump onto a 675 or R6 for a track bike next year.

Verdict- R1- awesome......for Road America. I think if I was on this bike at BHF or Gratten, I would be too much of a point and shooter as opposed to smoooooooth.

Verdict- 1125R- great bike.  Eric and Co really got it right this time.  If not an awesome track day bike, it would make a great race bike in the right hands.  It's made my short list for future track day bikes.......

Doc
"...you gotta kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight"- BNL

catman

K3 wrote it up at trackdaymag.com,along with wreckyslider girl's story. if anyone wants a great read about the 1125r- I am planning on one because of his article!

xb9racer

Court Jester

i've been kicking around a few 750's or two of the new buells for next year. the more i hear about the buells though, the better they sound. i don't think i've read a single bad thing about them yet.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

catman

Hey CJ How ya been? I know- i was out for a while, looks like 300 smites are in your target site! Good Luck! Yea I plunked the deposit down , then my wife saw the passengers seat -arent gonna be enough of these R's - they honk and keep going- saw some Laguna test rides by some capable chauffers!