Mobile One
8 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

foughtstrong

resurection

I'll have oranges. You can have apples.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Spectro.

Cant stand amsoil. Nothing more than Castrol in a fancy bottle and costs $5 more.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

BrianC636

I've used both and like Mobil 1 a little better simply b/c I can get it almost anywhere and don't have to order it (father in law is a dealer) when I need it.
CCS # 29 - GP Region

Thanks to:
Cafe Racer Inc., No-Mar Tire Changers, CR Signs, Ace Fabrication, Bridgestone

Super Dave

Rotella T

And I prefer Delicious apples, but I can't eat them with skins anymore because of my allergies.
Super Dave

Ducmarc

rotella t????. lol  i like mobil one but i use problend additive. lately trying royal purple. supposed to pickup hp on a dyno.

Super Dave

Quote from: Ducmarc on October 17, 2007, 08:29:57 PM
rotella t????. lol
No joke.  If the weather is good enough, I'll break in on SAE30 Rotella T, but in colder weather, 15W40.  Then move to Rotella T synthetic 5W40.
Super Dave

Ducmarc

you need to try the problend it's the best snakeoil i've found. used to sell it a few years back the only thing is the wet clutch. it's a coating i think it has a lot of zink in it. i know it works though

tug296

Mobil 1 MX-4T improved trans. shifting by 20%, and is good with the clutch.
Tried Motul, not as good in my opinion, back to Mobil 1.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

resurection

Rotella T is what we run race or street .
Please worry less about oil than starving your pick up .
I cant remember last race motor that had oil related failure.
The stunt bike squids doing wheelies starve the motor of oil and burn Babbitt's
(crank bearings) And kill 2nd gear.
Bikes at the track may have pickup issues on breaking ,that doesn't last to long .
Long stopies, long wheelies are your only oil concern.
I've seen 10 street bikes have oil trouble maybe 1 race bike!!

Racers care enough to change there oil .
I don't think the type much matters

Noidly1

I use Elf Moto 4 XT Tech

100% synthetic base
10W-50
100% PAO
JASO MA
API SG
Anti-clutch slippage
Very high endurance performance

I have an Elf connection in St. Louis. If anyone is interested.

'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

mdr14

Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

resurection

Those oils are so dam much money .
If you change the oil often your wasting your money .The big come on with sny.oil is the time between changes!
I know I've read all that shit , about why you should us it .
If I was selling it I would brag it up also.

goldwing70

HAWK

The big selling point to joe consumer is time between changes. The typical cager driving to and from work is actually in the severe service catagory, racing is well above an beyond any catagory. Further our engine oil, in most cases, is shared with the transmission. I run 9 race weekends a year and change every other weekend. That's $125 worth of Amsoil a season vs $45 if I went to the parts store and bought good dino oil. $80 is more than worth the peace of mind I get knowing I am doing the most I can to protect the  internals against the abuse I dish out every weekend. Hell, I pay more to get in the gate than I spend on amsoil each weekend. The old saying holds true, "Pay me now or pay me later".

I like Amsoil, I have seen it demonstrated on the timken machine against a good dino oil and the difference was truely amazing. I can't do justice to the test in words, you have to do it yourself to understand.

Anyway that's my 2 cents.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Ducmarc

i go two race weekends in my 748 mainly to check the screens then pour it in the 900 then it goes in my service truck from there it leaks out on the highway. pissing off everyone on 2 wheels that rides in the middle. the good part it doesn't smoke near as much as organic oil.

APP_Racing

My general view is buy who is supporting you, so I use Silkolene products.  But....any good oil should work as the other folks have said, race bikes get changed so often that the oil should not be breaking down.

I do one other thing that I believe helps and tells me more about whats going on in the engine.  Every 2 or 3 oil changes I take a sample and send it off for Oil Analysis, I get a nice little report back that tells me what is in the oil and if I have any parts/bearings wearing etc....  It costs 15 bucks a shot if you buy it in 6 packs.  The first report won't tell you a whole lot but will be your baseline.  Make sure you tell them everything when you send in the sample, oil type/brand, fuel used, etc..  They will really give you alot of detail.

Money well worth it.

I also do my diesel truck 1-2 times a year dependent on use.

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

BlackStone Laboratories
416 E. Pettit Ave.
Fort Wayne, IN  46806
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

dylanfan53

1. That's very cool.  I sent for a test kit. 
2. Look at all those metals.  No wonder we can't eat fish anymore!
Don Cook
CCS #53

surftheasphalt

MW#80

APP_Racing

Yeah, if you run U4 or other you will get really really high levels of lead, which can seem like a bearing, so getting a good base line, running similar conditions is the best way to get a good result and to really tell you whats going on in the motor.  Seems like a good way to help make that "do I need a rebuild or not" kind of decision.
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

251am

Amsoil 20W/50 Racing Synth. raced successfully in BMW, Honda, and 2 Suzukis. Drain after a few weekends and put it into the wife's car. Great shit.

Rotella Synth in a pinch.

edrod68

I use Spectro (can't remember the name but it is the synthetic blend type).. works good and I can't justify using full synthetic as I change the oil after every race weekend.

Haven't really seen a real difference in oils personally, but if someone has done some testing I would love to hear the results....

Greg_Williams

I've run Silkolene for years now.  Companies like Silkolene, Motul and Repsol have both the research capabilities and involvement in racing at the premier levels that allow them to both develop and continually improve their product.

The Silkolene importer told me that a racebike running their Pro 4 Plus oil should only need to be changed every four weekends of sprint racing.  I still change every weekend if I'm running endurance and I now go three weekends running sprints.

I sell all three brands in my shop but I don't generally waste any time trying to get customers to switch from automotive oils or other brands of motorcycle oils.  It's like talking religion, people have too much emotion invested in their choice to objectively look at alternatives.  The biggest danger to the average bike is not the brand of oil, but the lack of proper maintenance or the owner's attempts at working on their bike.
Greg Williams

Cafe Racer Inc.
816-221-0711

www.caferacerinc.com

LMsports

QuoteThe biggest danger to the average bike is not the brand of oil, but the lack of proper maintenance or the owner's attempts at working on their bike.

AMEN

Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net