Amature numbers?

Started by surftheasphalt, October 16, 2007, 04:24:00 PM

surftheasphalt

Why in MW (maybe in others to ?)region is no numbers 1-10 and who holds back numbers 11-17 and 19
nobody with this numbers ever attend race,are people out there kept them and sale later or what is the deal?
MW#80

Burt Munro

Numbers 1-10 are awarded to Expert Overall Regional Champions based on their point totals from the previous season.  They have the option of accepting the top 10 number or staying with their previous number.  If the rider elects not to take the top 10 number it is not made available to anyone else.

2007 Season

#1 Brian Hall
#2 Andy Feuersthaler
#4 Ryan Johnson
#8 Denni Debuhr
#9 Paul James
#10 Gary Palmer

#11-999 are retained by riders from previous seasons as long as they keep  their CCS License current.  (and renew by the deadline!)

#11 Charles Lang
#12 William Tracy III
#13 Christian Meekma
#14 Matt Drucker
#15 Dave Moon
#16 Tom Girard
#17 Jerry Driscoll
#18 Dominic Parks
#19 Nick Rotvold
#20 Brian Boyd

A race number can only be assigned once in each region, whether Expert or Amateur.  Amateurs are not eligible for top 10 numbers.

Some riders maintain licenses and do not regularly attend races.

Does that help?
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

resurection

surftheasphalt

1 to 10  is OK
why keep the number if you not racing ? Some of this guys from 11 to 20  don't race since 2002
make space for others ,we have to go for 3 dig.numbers because of that
MW#80

Xian_13

In 2005 there where 4 people at most the BHFs events with the number 13.

This last year, there were always 2.

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

surftheasphalt

Quote from: Xian_13 on October 16, 2007, 08:47:58 PM

XIII
,only expert #13 CHRISTIAN Meekema and expert F40 BARNEY WRIGHT
No amature #13
Can we have EX #66 and AM #66 in the same region???
MW#80

Burt Munro

Quote from: Xian_13 on October 16, 2007, 08:47:58 PM

XIII

Xian,

I still can't figure out how you and Barney both ended up with #13.  I know Bill from Cedar Rapids also would show up as #13 and Gene from Ohio too.

I think Gene's number came from the former Great Lakes region.  Not sure about the rest of you since 2 of you live in Wisconsin and one in Iowa which you would think would fall under the Midwest region.  Some Grandfather clause I'm sure.

Hey Bill Hitchthingy!  Tell us how that happened!!!  :thumb:

I don't think Bill raced this year and I think that Gene only ran the Team Challenge races on Calvin's team.

Quote from: surftheasphalt on October 16, 2007, 09:01:00 PM

No, each number is supposed to be assigned only once in each region - regardless if the rider is Expert or Amateur.

surftheasphalt

thanks Burt Munro :thumb: +1 for You
MW#80

Xian_13

Quote from: surftheasphalt on October 16, 2007, 09:01:00 PM
,only expert #13 CHRISTIAN Meekema and expert F40 BARNEY WRIGHT
No amature #13

No.
Only one number, EX or AM

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

spyderchick

FYI: Rhiannon has Ex 66 in the MW region for CCS, 166 for ASRA & WERA and 661 for AMA
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

truckstop

X, I thought your #13 was a Midwest number, Barney's is from a no longer existing region (Great Lakes?), and Hitchthingy's is Great Plains region?

It usually works out ok, since at least you and Barney run in completely different classes... for now. :P

Some people keep their number just in case they might do one or two races every so often. A lot easier to stay "official" and keep your number in case one wants to come out of retirement/semi-retirement from time to time.

roadracer162

Let me attempt to clarify the number game. A racer that is an amateur racer with say #15 and moves on to Expert will retain the #15 unless he requests an alternate number. There typically will not be an Expert #15 and an Amateur #15 in any region. There may be in two different regions. Then you will ask, "why not"? The reason is that the Amateur #15 when he turns Expert will then most likely wanna keep his #15.

Correct me if I am wrong you vets.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

surftheasphalt

That make sens Mark ,Thanks
MW#80

Burt Munro

I think Rhiannon had to run #166 as her CCS number this year.  Information I have is that #66 was assigned to Greg Puzio.

And Mark, that's my understanding as well.  The number you receive as an AM is yours as long as you keep renewing your license (by the deadline) or apply for a different number. 

Even when someone is awarded a Top 10 number their previous number is held unassigned for them to take back if they're not in the Top 10 the next year.

surftheasphalt

Yes Rick ,66 in MW is my friend G.Puzio
MW#80

bigreid

Is there a place to see who holds current numbers for each region?
GP AM#429

Burt Munro

Only point of reference that I've seen is from the back side of the Race Schedules at Blackhawk.