News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Rod bearings????

Started by Speedballer347, February 20, 2003, 12:17:27 PM

Speedballer347

I just pulled my motor, and am getting ready to have it supersport'd.
I am having the valves done, milling the head, having the cam sprockets degree'd, etc, etc, etc.

Anyway...
How much HP increase can I expect from going w/ the loosest crank and conrod bearings in a gsxr600?
I understand, they will need to be replaced midway through the season, so I am trying to decide if the hp gain, is worth the mid-season rebuild (and the 2 days wasted doing it).

Any thoughts or experience?
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

rick

I dunno about the GSXR but I thought that most of the horsepower came from the top end - not the bottom. On my little bike the bootom end work was just to get it to handle the extra power from the ehad porting, etc.

Protein Filled

I would not bother since the difference in reliability is not worth the hp gain (I have heard that it's usually 1-2 hp at most) just use the size that is proper. Don't go by what the cases say, measure them and get the bearings that are within the recomended specs.

Now if you are well sponsored and don't mind taking the motor apart every other weekend...
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Speedballer347

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing