MAM Race reports-PLEASE

Started by Jack_Brock, October 14, 2007, 11:13:31 PM

limelight

This would be a whole lot easier if I could just race the F2 in the other LW classes besides LW40. 

Is there a Hawk GT out there race ready for sale or would I have to start from scratch??  I swore after the F2, never again.
Richard Woten
Past President
Dell's Honda
GP  #12
CBR600F2

Jack_Brock

John Richmond had a ton of hawk stuff, but I'm not sure if he still does.  He works for Mid America Powersports in Wichita which is a Honda dealer, so maybe you know him or at least the dealership.  The hawk stuff was his personally.  Anyway, if you have any interest, I can contact him or you could probably get him at the dealership most times.  Also, you could put out a feeler on the wera board(I've seen quite a few hawks ready to go on there over the past few years).  It looks like there is still a hawk forum that is pretty active also: http://www.hawkgtforum.com/  Anyway, I would think you could find one ready to go with a little looking.  Good luck!
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

backMARKr

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Rich

I believe Greg did a lot with Hawks back in the day, as did Kurt and Dean. (D2)  They could probably give you lots of advice. I doubt there are a lot of street ones that you'd buy and prep left anymore, and like you said - that just plain sucks.

If you didn't want to deal with yet another bike - couldn't you race the Hawk in LWF40 and the LW classes? Then just get rid of the F2?
Rich
CCS EX GP 179
www.greenlawnracing.com
caferacerinc.com, TC Concepts, Extreme Cycle, Pit Bull, Vortex, Chickenhawk, XT Racing

funsizeracing

Quote from: howlieboy on October 20, 2007, 01:09:23 AM
Ah, the good ole days when you could run a set of tires for 4 weekends. 

What do you mean?  I still do that! :biggrin:
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

howlieboy

As much as I hate to admit it, the Hawk is too out-dated to be competitive.  A stock Hawk makes something like 50hp.  You can spend some money and reliably build the motor to make 65.  Anything more than that and you are asking for trouble.  I think a nicely tuned SV makes 70 right out of the box.  It'd be neat to see someone do it right, but it wouldn't be me...  Not to mention, Hawks vibrate annoyingly, shift terribly, and are notorious for breaking cranks.  You'd have to be a much better ridder to beat someone on a SV.  That could be 1/2 the fun though....

Rich.... you were just getting used to the 600 class.... Give it another year.

Kurt
www.d2cycles.com
www.caferacerinc.com

funsizeracing

Quote from: howlieboy on October 22, 2007, 11:46:55 PM
Rich.... you were just getting used to the 600 class.... Give it another year.

Rich, listen to the little voice telling you to race LW next year.  Can't you hear the SV's calling you? 
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com