Question regarding 2008 rule proposals :-)

Started by brian38, October 09, 2007, 03:09:22 PM

brian38

Hey guys, looking at doing some CCS racing next year and trying to figure out a bike.

It looks like Ducati may come out with the 848 and I was wanting to propose it for Middleweight Supersport type classes. From the preliminary specs it looks like it should fit in real well. Bout the same crank horsepower as a new 600 maybe a few pounds heavier  but if kept in Supersport trim should be pretty competitive. Looks like only one model with normal suspension and not all the Ohlins stuff stock. Not to mention the price isn't far off from current 600's.

Wanted to get some feedback from you guys as to a home for this model if it materializes  ::)

Brian

George_Linhart

If you want to make a formal proposal you need to send an email  or snail mail to the CCS HQ.  The BBS is a great informal tool for sharing information amoung racers, but, its not the formal method of rule change requests.

I believe somebody else already has this request in front of them - but - if you have any real desire to see it happen I would not rely on anybody else.

I would not mind seeing Ducati competitive in some additional classes - but - I've got no intention of racing anything outside of LW next year so I don't really have any vested interest.

George

Jeff

Quote from: George_Linhart on October 09, 2007, 04:16:33 PM
If you want to make a formal proposal you need to send an email  or snail mail to the CCS HQ.  The BBS is a great informal tool for sharing information amoung racers, but, its not the formal method of rule change requests.

George gets ++ karma for that one!
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Ducmarc

can i borrow some karma it's been a crappie week. i'd buy one too if it had more than one class to fit in and ducati would pay some money  lol

ahastings

Yes, please send in a proposal to Kevin and Eric at CCS. Contact info is on the CCS website. I have already sent one in , but the more the better. I am looking at possibly racing an 848 next year as well and would like to be able to run the middleweight stuff with it, because it will not be fast enough for the heavyweight and unlimited classes. It is already legal for AMA Formula Extreme which is equivilant to Middleweight Superbike and GP.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

Ducmarc

xseal

I already sent that proposal in (for all MW classes, and as a back up, for all MW classes excluding SS).  Arnie Hastings sent one in too I think.

Sounds like the rule should pass by aclimation.

ahastings

Now we all need to send emails to Ducati to pay contingency in MW superbike for it.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports

Ducmarc

ahastings

Why LOL. They paid MW Supersport this year for the 749. I just think it would be better in Superbike since they pay Supertwins also. Here is what the 07 program looked like. http://www.ducati.com/od/ducatinorthamerica/racing/detail.jhtml?eventId=14821 .
Arnie
A&M Motorsports

Ducmarc

sorry been riding an antique so long i don't expect any money. but am serious about a new bike .have heard that ducati is scaling back but don't know what that means.will email ducati got an idea to whom?

ahastings

Arnie
A&M Motorsports