News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Ken@superbikeitalia.com - SUSPENSION in the MID-WEST

Started by catman, October 03, 2007, 10:39:16 PM

catman

After trying a few suspension shops for some upgrades,including in the latest stage " :banghead:speedwerks :ass:" ,I almost left the sport- I was left with a dangerous SV Superbike-the ballpark setup I asked for was almost deadly- Beware of promises paid for/customer service afterwards that resembles up yers! I guess i helped pay for their recent move to a better location  :finger:
I just gotta say it has been a blessing to have ken regain my sv suspension- this without me riding it yet must be said because hearing K3 say the words like best handling in his memory of bikes he has ridden, etc etc,I am optomistic about next spring- Ken was and will be my suspension guy from here on , he very easy to work with and the price was spelled out in a very clear invoice- even offered to help ship it for a fair fee- the original setup that was wrong , was off in trail by a large amount , not allowing the bike to center itself,his use of shims/inserts for the attack trips seems to have been the correct #s , being spot on means math was used, I see SCIENCE without guesswork! Verry impressive - and the matching of valving superslick goodies in the forks n-i-c-e ! Thanks HOLLY and Ken@superbikeitalia, I will be mentioning this all soon on ccs,wera sites because you worked hard for me- -cat

backMARKr

It's been almost A WEEK since a pissin' contest got started......

:pop:

I was gettin tired of teaching my students.
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

catman

I didnt title it _ _ _ _ spedwerks as my better side wouldnt allow- gotta have some discipline-They may be OK at what they do for their official racers, but I only spent 3 g's++ there the first two purchases- I guess that wasnt enough to actually acquire some customer service :err: :jerkoff: Must have needed a new shop,glad I could help-Now I get to pay again to setup the SV- at least this time competency and customer service came along with my purchase- just a warning to those looking around, and kudo's for Ken, i believe a jet mechanic previous, and a guy with the right questions- NOTE the no problem, note the handling I got-

I rode Catman's pretty kitty at Autobahn this last weekend. Man, I never saw a bike with so much nice stuff on it. First time out it wouldn't steer at all. I stopped after a lap and backed the steering damper off all the way. That helped a little, but the bike was still terrifying to ride. I'd push it down into a turn, but it would stand right back up. The bike wouldn't maintain a lean angle at all, so every turn was taken in a series of swoops. Not good. Not even close to good. THIS said by a seasoned /racer trackday guy/author - not me!

Sent: Thu 12/28/06 4:54 PM
To: JOHN WEINSSEN (johnweinssen@hotmail.com)
No problem,we can take care of everything,just give me a heads up when you get a chance,,,,Steve JOHN WEINSSEN wrote:> Hey Steve- John from NJ Here- i am considering some upgrades for my > sv700- You guys raised the rear shock in march,it handled great at > summit - only got to race a couple weekends due to a work injury but > again it felt great- it has a 01-02 k5 1k front end, i gbought a set of > ohlin 05 1k forks sb upgraded sb valving and sprung for SEAN CONRAD nat > racer 160 lbs for his 375 lb 05 1k racebike- and wonder if Dave can > reproduce the geo i liked with this set of forks in place-also have a > brembo MC19x20,front rotors from ALTH company with bolt / spacers to > allow SB 320mm . I am purchasing from yoyodyne a Marvic wheel 5.5 rear > rim for the mich 1800 slicks i have new-and need geo change to allow the > slicks to be good handlers - i see that the trail on a 05 is 5mm longer > but i also bought a attack triple camp set with spindle to help offset > the trail and slick variable with a 4mm insert it came-I really like the > handling and geo with the forks that are on the bike and worry > that changing forks out needs to be done while maintaining current > handling but with a ohlin fork "upgrade " also fill brakes w/new > Lines,for the radial brakes on forks-- Can you 1- accomplish this and 2 > can it be done with me staying overnight once so as to save a second > trip down there? Superbike Italia in Chicago was a choice for me because > the guys would answer some questions but you guys know summit specs > better , GMD is closer to me but again i liked the setup you guys did- I > can feel good handling just dont know how to make these changes to > arrive safely- Lemme know, i am in the process of deciding where to > have all this done prolly in Feb- oh also need to drain fuel tank and > possibly entire fuel system i heard a lil popping recently- that sounds > like poss a lil water ,the rear cyl was cold ,we drained tank,it went > away and returned- My # 973 607 1827 John Weinssen 54 Washington Ave > Victory Gardens NJ 07801 I liked that Brian took some time to talk to a > noob-Peace-until the flag drops! -- SpeedWerks SportBike Services101 Weston Dr. Suite 8Dover,De www.

YOU ALL DECIDE-I am just showing why I almost had to get out of the sport-and why I am still in- hope to save some other overtime working track loving fool who has an accountant for a wife- and a dream in his head /Nuff said,  I will rest my case-cat