Some Ultra LW class related questions

Started by Ceej, September 27, 2007, 01:43:02 PM

Ceej

Hello all,

I am hoping to do some CCS events in 08 in the Mid Atlantic region, and have a few questions.  I'll be riding my trusty ol Hawk GT.  After browsing thru the rulebook it looks like im eligible for the Ultra LW class.  I was wondering what the grid sizes are like for this class in the MA region and if there is a Ultra LW race at every event?  For the sake of track time, I'd like to do some other classes as well, what would you guys recommend?    I know the LW class has a big SV population, so that might be a good place for me too.  All advice is welcome.

Thanks,
CJ

PJ721

Grids for Ultra LW in MidAtlantic Region have been on the small side - and it's been normally combined to run along with LW SuperSport - which kinda stinks cause the Hawk could also run in it the SuperSport race.
and it was run @ every MA race for 2007.

you could also run in:
LW GP
GT Lights (25 min endurance)

and for track time (Hawk would be down on power in these)
LW SuperBike
Thunderbike
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

apriliaman

it usally has 4-9 bikes in a race.It usally is combined with 125gp then you get more people to race.When it is combined with supersport the grid will be smaller.I race a FZR 400 in the class.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Ceej

Thanks for the info guys.  Is there any way to find out beforehand which classes will be combined?  Or is that something that is determined at the track?

PJ721

http://www.ccsracing.com/schedules/2007/schedule.html

you can click on each event details - they put up a tentative schedule up for those that pre-enter the races.
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

weggieman

Not to worry. If the SVs are allowwed in ULWT there will be plenty of entries..............

roadracer162

Mark E.

Does this mean you will be riding the SV in the Ultralight?

Mark T.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

apriliaman

well it looks like it now,guess i'll have to put the tags back on the fzr and ride it around town or maybe some trackdays.I do have my sv still.I got to fix the engine over the winter and it will be on the track again.At least if my ducati has something wrong with it i still got a good backup bike that is almost as fast.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

anderstj0mills

Ultra-Light Superbike
Request: Allow 650cc water cooled twins
Action: Approved
The other bikes in this class have come up while the level of the SV650 and Ninja 650s has been
eclipsed by other machines in the Lightweight classes. This places 3 models with 70hp/350lbs
Request: Split Ultra Light into Am and Ex
Action: Approved

BUT NOT TILL THE 09 SEASON PER ERIC @ CCS TODAY

Sweet, in the hunt one more year on the Lil Duc   :thumb:

Tom