News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Griff on Track at VIR?!!!

Started by chaplain220, September 26, 2007, 11:15:42 PM

chaplain220

I missed VIR, duty called, and when the Maryland boyz returned home, with broken bones and busted bikes, they start tellin me all these wild stories bout turn 1 trauma, the Michelin man was apparently hung by the neck, and most disturbing of all...Griff the intrepid announcer was on track!  Did it really happen?  Could he even narrate for the rest of the weekend after touchin the knee?  Hope to see everyone at Daytona.

gma

Yes - True ...

Pix on the way.

None of the OUTSTANDING turn marshalls will tell you of a sliding knee, but they will tell you of smooth and fluid and progressively faster lap times with no 'moments'. Also, I didn't want to put Cal's bike at the limit of lateral adhesion.

;)

1.56.777 was my best time and that was in the last hot lap of the mock race. In that race, we all had crappy starts. I was in touch with second when I developed a cramp in my left quad. After sacrificing two laps to stretch it out, I was able to gain on second. Much fun. I didn't crash and I was faster than at least one person.

My license had expired, so I had to take the opportunity to renew it. Thank you to all who filled in the gaps for Saturday.

Why was it so important for me to do this before DIS ROC?

Stay tuned to find out ...

G

... and thx for the kind word, Art.

Kuala76

Quote from: Homewrecker on September 27, 2007, 02:40:43 AM
None of the OUTSTANDING turn marshalls will tell you of a sliding knee, but they will tell you of smooth and fluid and progressively faster lap times with no 'moments'.

I am one of the turn marshalls (Turn 5) - (not sure about the OUTSTANDING part - but I'll take it  :biggrin:) that can vouch for all of the above :).  For the parts we couldn't see for ourselves, control kept us well appraised of the progress :):)  Great job out there  :cheers:

~And I'd like to give CCS a big thanks for allowing us to come down and work your VIR event, wish I could wrap up the year with you guys at Daytona, but it's just not feasible :(

Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013