Racing the 07 600RR.....

Started by VCS Racing, September 21, 2007, 03:12:14 PM

VCS Racing

Is anyone racing the 07 600RR this year? How did you do? I'm building one now would be interested to hear how it worked for you?
Alfonso
CCS FL EX #161

Cahill's Motorsports

SVbadguy

I'd like to hear some things about it too.  I'll be getting an '08 as soon as they're released.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

RCR_531

Rob at Lithium Motorsports has been racing one all year. He seem to really like it. He raced AMA FX at Road America with it being bone stock. He is expecting a new addition to the family soon so I don't know how he will be on here. I would say that he likes it a lot.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

Jason748

Also, PM G-Reg here, he ran one this year a well.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

gntbldr

I pitted with Ray Hoffman MW Am 71 and he runs an 07. he has it piped, mapped, and suspension is pretty much stock. He would walk away from my 05 with same gearing and tire profile.

He ran a 1:13 on it at Blackhawk Farms which is a dang good time for an AM much less a mid pack EX imo

it took to a few crashes well too. faired out decent.

leonea

i have an 05. i have raced against guys on the 07 and i don't see much difference in the speed of each. i did speak with a guy on an 07 at mid ohio and he said the gearing is different than the 05. he said about a 2 tooth difference beween the bikes.

maybe your 05 is geared to high?

gntbldr

maybe? I tried to play with that a little at MAM and RA
not enough seat time to work out what I needed though

VCS Racing

2 tooth difference, huh? I had an 03 and most of us here in the FLorida region run 15/45, wonder what your friend on the 07 is running?
Alfonso
CCS FL EX #161

Cahill's Motorsports

leonea

he said he is running a 15/43 and was going to drop to a 42 at mid ohio because he was hitting the limiter on the back straight

LMsports

The '07 is a far superior bike to the 05-06. I have raced every version since the F4i and it feels like Honda finally got it right. The bike accelerates off of corners better than any 600 I have ever ridden. And for a fairly cheap investment will easily and reliably put around 130 to the rear wheel. (I'll be putting that together in the off season). As far as things stand right now I would say Honda has the bike to beat in '07, we'll see what Suzuki and Yamaha do with their '08 models.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

VCS Racing

That's what I was wanting to her. I tried to get myself to go with the GSXR (bike and parts availability) but just couldn't do it. Rob, 05-06 vs. 07, did you find yourself running the same gearing, nothing concrete, I just need a starting point. What are you planning to achieve the 130 RWHP?
Alfonso
CCS FL EX #161

Cahill's Motorsports

xseal

I rode a brand new one at the Spencer pro school in UT this summer for 3 days. Bone stock except for rearsets and Pilot Powers.  Way better than my Kawi 600. This is a race bike right out of the box.  Two of the Red Bull rookies were there (Boubier and JD Beach) and they were sick fast on the bikes, and they both had little/no 600 experience. 

Definitely the way to go for a 600. I would put bodywork on it and perhaps a pipe, and rear sets, then test it a couple times before you decide where to spend the $$. You might find its pretty good out of the box.