News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

The Joys of Safety Wiring

Started by tigerblade, February 18, 2003, 05:37:18 PM

tigerblade

Decided I'd better get my rear in gear and start wiring the bike.  First pinch bolt was a breeze.  The second one broke all of my bits.  Joy...   :P ;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

unforgivenracing

A cheep drill press, a dozen bits, a old tooth brush with some oil, and a good vice.
this will work wonders.
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

tigerblade

All done.  Got some good bits.   ;D
Younger Oil Racing

fzr400tony

no need for several drill bits.  two of the cobalt (?) bits from sears have done two bikes and a few random pieces so far, and the one is good, the second is still in the package.  they sell them one bit at a time and i never needed oil, even to go through the drain plug, rearset bolts and all kinds of crap.  no oil, just force.  they go through metal like it's butter.

i did an entire bike (including oil change and drilling/mounting bodywork) in an afternoon.

they're awesome.  

tigerblade

I got some good drill bits from a friend who works at Dana (they make rear ends for cars & trucks).  Those babies are da bomb!   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

fzr400tony

anything that'd cut through a dana rear has to be good stuff.

tigerblade

I assume you're the same FZR400tony that used to hang out on Sportbikeworld all the time?  I haven't been there for a couple of years.  It was no fun after they banned all of my friends.   ::)  ;)
Younger Oil Racing

fzr400tony

that's me. :)

they banned people there?  wow, i only know of like two people getting banned.  adam and paul.  and adam still occasionally makes an appearance.

but i stay away from a lot of the areas that most of the trouble rests in.  

robert's a cool guy though.  it's a good site.  sorry things didn't work out with your friends.

tigerblade

Adam, Paul, RCJohn, Pete and I used to e-mail all day long.  Adam and Paul did push things but it was mostly funny.  
Younger Oil Racing

fzr400tony

i never really talked to paul much, but adam was a blast.  awhile back he e-mailed me.  he was looking through the profiles and my profile says something like "where the hell is adam" or sometihng like that.  he's a blast.  i miss seeing him around.

i miss pete too.  he's a great guy.  if you talk to them, forward a hello from me.

tigerblade

There's a long story attached to Paul.  I haven't talked to Adam for a while, but we're still in contact.  John is sporadic; depends on when he's around.  I talk to Pete almost every day.  I'll tell him "hi" for ya.   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

fzr400tony

tigerblade

Quote from Pete:

"Tell him hello for me, and let him know that I said 'Hope you're doing well!'"

I'm not telling him what you said though.  His helmet can barely contain his head as-is.   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

fzr400tony

LOL  ;D

will there be your first year racing?  if so, make a check list of things to take to the track.  an actual list.  i just realized, i forgot my front stand and i need tires mounted.  DUH!

i'm hoping i can borrow one friday.

tigerblade

Yep, first year.  I did STAR school and two trackdays last year and had a trackday at MAM last Saturday.  This weekend I'm headed back to MAM (very convenient track for me) for my first races with CRA.  April 21-22 are trackdays at VIR  ;D  Hope to join the CCS guys soon, probably Blackhawk in May.
Younger Oil Racing

fzr400tony

seriously, make a list.  it makes life a lot easier.

tigerblade

I've got one started that included all my trackday items.  I'll add to it as I find I need things.  So far, everything I own that's bike-related is packed into the trailer!   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

fzr400tony

i do the same thing, but then you tend to take things out, forget to put them back.  the check list is the best idea i was ever given.