Still looking for Potatohead 07

Started by EX_#76, September 17, 2007, 05:08:17 PM

EX_#76

Quote from: Racer510 on September 21, 2007, 09:03:31 AM
............then finishing in 2nd place and getting docked 1 lap for the wrong grid position?

Yep that is worth mentioning.  Has the individual had other offences?  They can add up to the big prize.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

grasshopper

Does crashing infront of you in the rain on a 5 year old set of rain tires with my knee on the deck count? LOL!!!!

Bahhh! I, think I need a new set of rain tires to hang with Paul James.

EX_#76

Quote from: grasshopper on September 21, 2007, 10:49:48 AM
Does crashing infront of you in the rain on a 5 year old set of rain tires with my knee on the deck count? LOL!!!!

Bahhh! I, think I need a new set of rain tires to hang with Paul James.

That day the track seemed a little more slippery than the normal (?) wet track to me.
I think you should just use slicks in the rain from now on  LOL
Mark Styles won the award by crashing after taking the checkers, and taking out Danny Bilansky (the race winner) as he was approaching turn 1.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

barb_arah

Can this "award" go to a non-racer?  Just wondering.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

EX_#76

Quote from: barb_arah on September 22, 2007, 02:40:33 PM
Can this "award" go to a non-racer?  Just wondering.

Yes as long as the person is involved in racing somehow, husband, wife, cornerworker, announcer ect.   The only rule I am aware of is that this is a Midwest region award.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

K3 Chris Onwiler

If my vote counted, I'd give it to the scorers at Road America.... :spank:  In what school do 36 transponder hits = 33 laps?
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

jgalt187

How about a guy who had to be taught how to change the wheels on his bike after racing 4-5 races. We got tired of doing it for him. Then after being reminded repeatedly to double check all bolts, almost losing the front wheel in the morning warm up. It gets better! He then arrives on the crash truck, and proceeds to blame us for not checking his work. He is nolonger on the team.
Screwface Racing
CCS 187
Sponsors:
www.racinglinez.com
www.sportbikedeacls.com
Q Ball Customs

EX_#76

Quote from: jgalt187 on September 25, 2007, 01:25:41 PM
How about a guy who had to be taught how to change the wheels on his bike after racing 4-5 races. We got tired of doing it for him. Then after being reminded repeatedly to double check all bolts, almost losing the front wheel in the morning warm up. It gets better! He then arrives on the crash truck, and proceeds to blame us for not checking his work. He is nolonger on the team.

That could be a winner.  Is this person from the midwest region?
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

jgalt187

No. Florida region, but maybe we can make it a national award. We can get together at Daytona and compare regional winners, then choose a national winner. lol
Screwface Racing
CCS 187
Sponsors:
www.racinglinez.com
www.sportbikedeacls.com
Q Ball Customs

spyderchick

It's easy to start the potato head.

Step one: Purchase a basic Mr Potato Head toy.

Step two: Make sure recipient will be in attendance at your regional banquet.

Step three: Make flowery, embarrasing, yet true speech about how said recipient earned the (not so) coveted MPH Award.

Step four: The following year, the MPH holder gets to observe all bone headed, idiotic, mostly stupid and definitely embarrassing goings on during the season. He (or she) can arrive at his/her successors choice in any manner possible, provided the tradition lives on!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

dylanfan53

I dunno Alexa.  Last year was so good it'll be hard to top it.  Maybe we should let Guy keep it one more year.  It looked so pretty on his leathers...  :biggrin:
Don Cook
CCS #53

spyderchick

Quote from: dylanfan53 on September 25, 2007, 09:13:20 PM
I dunno Alexa.  Last year was so good it'll be hard to top it.  Maybe we should let Guy keep it one more year.  It looked so pretty on his leathers...  :biggrin:

The Potato Head on Guys leathers was paid for by forum members through donations to the Red Flag Fund. The MPH Trophy is what will pass to the next recipient.

However, I believe that Guy is willing to part with said artwork provided there is another drive to raise additional cash for the Red Flag Fund. We'll let Guy figure that part out for himself, though. ;)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".