News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Still looking for Potatohead 07

Started by EX_#76, September 17, 2007, 05:08:17 PM

EX_#76

Quote from: dylanfan53 on September 25, 2007, 09:13:20 PM
I dunno Alexa.  Last year was so good it'll be hard to top it.  Maybe we should let Guy keep it one more year.  It looked so pretty on his leathers...  :biggrin:

I must admit it will be really hard to pull something off that would be better (and live to tell).  I look at the trophy each day and read the previous offences and think to my self "I am the king of the potatoes"  The award will definitely be passed on.  I might just keep the potato on the leathers. I kinda like it.  I have not fully decided yet.  If the potato for the leathers does get passed along, it will take a willing participant and another donation to the red flag fund.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

barb_arah

Quote from: EX_#76 on September 26, 2007, 09:57:43 AM
I must admit it will be really hard to pull something off that would be better (and live to tell).  I look at the trophy each day and read the previous offences and think to my self "I am the king of the potatoes"  The award will definitely be passed on.  I might just keep the potato on the leathers. I kinda like it.  I have not fully decided yet.  If the potato for the leathers does get passed along, it will take a willing participant and another donation to the red flag fund.
I have to applaud you, Guy, you sure set a high standard last year.  I agree, you ARE the King of the Potatoes!
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

jgalt187

Screwface Racing
CCS 187
Sponsors:
www.racinglinez.com
www.sportbikedeacls.com
Q Ball Customs

barb_arah

Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

HAWK

Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

GKBuzz

Quote from: spyderchick on September 26, 2007, 09:30:08 AM
The Potato Head on Guys leathers was paid for by forum members through donations to the Red Flag Fund. The MPH Trophy is what will pass to the next recipient.

However, I believe that Guy is willing to part with said artwork provided there is another drive to raise additional cash for the Red Flag Fund. We'll let Guy figure that part out for himself, though. ;)

I think that Guy should keep his leathers but have 2006 listed under it. That way everyone will know he won the award for the 2006 season. After all, Guy does love that award so much!
Grant
Never to old to learn

GKBuzz

Quote from: barb_arah on September 26, 2007, 07:35:03 PM
Yes, Guy, tell him what you did!!! LOL LMAO

How about a certain trophie lady spouting off about the secret "Smuckers Club" with an open mike right in front of her? Does that qualify? :preachon:
Grant
Never to old to learn

EX_#76

Quote from: jgalt187 on September 26, 2007, 05:51:31 PM
Guy, what did you do?

Lets all have yet one more laugh

At Gingermann last fall, I high sided in turn 4 in the last practice session on Saturday.  4th gear, back stepped out and I couldn't save it.  Ground sky ground sky ground sky ground sky....  Bike hits me, Ground sky ground sky ground sky ground sky...I tumbled forever, I was at the entrance of the next turn before I stopped.  I stood up, and everything seemed OK I could walk but I knew I was going to be sore.  I had a large hole (big enough to put my fist through) in my leathers on my left knee above the padding in that flexible wrinkle leather.  Go to the ambulance take my gear off to find I have a silver dollar sized hole in my knee, down to the kneecap.  It looked really freaky we were all playing with it moving it around and stuff.  Bike is in good shape, ground the bodywork, but nothing that can't be fixed, broken throttle tube and housing, ground up peg, broken master cylinder.

I hopped in Ed's wife's car and drive to the hospital, get stitched up and left.  I was trashed, all of the adrenalin had worn off and I was sacked out.  I then ran a red light on the way back to the track and got into a car accident!!!  Life could not have been much worse at that point.  I had looked up saw a green light, but I was back a bit from the intersection.  I started to look for street signs to find my way back to the track.  In that amount of time the light must have changed, and some one was fast on the light...  I T-boned him.

Think the total damages to the car was around $4500.00
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

jgalt187

lol Guy! That sounds like it was a shitty day, but at least you can laugh about it now. 
Screwface Racing
CCS 187
Sponsors:
www.racinglinez.com
www.sportbikedeacls.com
Q Ball Customs

EX_#76

Quote from: jgalt187 on September 27, 2007, 11:56:12 AM
lol Guy! That sounds like it was a shitty day, but at least you can laugh about it now. 

I can not remember a worse day (in terms of my own scew up) in my entire life!!  I am just thankfull that no one was seriously hurt and the Key's seemed to take it in stride.  I called Ed to give him the bad news and all he could do is laugh.  Barb seem to enjoy it equally, spreading the new to everyone she could.  Linda Manner (registration offical) wanted me to just sign my entry refund over to Barb for trashing her car.  My wife was no where near as humored as the Key's.  She was very displeased with my activities.  She has not really wanted me to go racing in another state since.   
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

spyderchick

Quote from: EX_#76 on September 27, 2007, 12:51:33 PM
  She has not really wanted me to go racing in another state since.   

I would hardly call Blackhawk in another state. After all, if you run off in turn one, you're back in Wisconsin.  :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

EX_#76

Quote from: spyderchick on September 27, 2007, 02:58:19 PM
I would hardly call Blackhawk in another state. After all, if you run off in turn one, you're back in Wisconsin.  :biggrin:

Any idea how many feet you have to blow it by?  I may have been there once or twice
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76