"name calling"

Started by firebolt, September 17, 2007, 03:53:02 PM

firebolt

Can somebody tell me as to why the mental midgets that Speed Channel has doing the commentary for AMA Pro Racing, cannot or will not refer to backmarkers as backmarkers! Its bad enough that on a road race course the AMA has a hard time using local yellows like the FIM and everyone else! They like to red flag everything. Or what about using blue flags so the slow pokes can get off the racing line. If you watch MOTOGP, WSBK, BSB or any other body of pro motorcycle racing, thats what the slow people are referred to as, a backmarker! What, is Speed think it's too fucking harsh to call a spade a spade! Hell, I am a backmarker. And I tell the fast kids I will do my best to stay out of their way. Want to hear the best in business? Listen to Keith Heuwan, and Steve Parrish on Sky. A British sport network. They do all the commentating for motorbike racing in the UK. They will tell you quite often who's who. Regards, Dan

Jeff

so what do they call them?  And what's the big deal???

Backmarkers, lappers, traffic, slower privateers, whatever...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

backMARKr

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Kuala76

What do they call them?  I watch A LOT of racing, and haven't noticed that they "don't" call them back markers.  What do you mean by a "local yellow"?  Do you mean using a waving yellow to cover the situation instead of a whole course red??
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

Team_Serpent

They do use local yellows and blue flags in the AMA.

TheHiriser

I love when Freddie Spencer says, "they are coming up on a lapped rider" especially when they actually haven't been lapped just yet.

racer911

as far as i can remember they call them either lapped riders or lapped traffic.
Bobby
#910 EX

steelcityracer

firebolt

Well in case you did not know, I was referring to the playing card "spades". That's where that old clique came from. Regards, Dan

Jeff

So Dan, you still haven't answered the question...  What do they call them that has you so bent out of shape?
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

firebolt

Feddie and Ralph, call them lapped riders! It's just annoying that here in America, the one channel that telecasts motorcycle racing cannot, or will not get with the program. They sound like fools. Oh, that idiot Dave Despain says the same thing. The grids are just too full of nonfactory amateurs. That does not help either. Mind you, they are all faster then me, but not as fast as the fast guys.Regards, Dan

rogers1323

AMA grids are too full?  Have you ever looked at the start of a WSB or WSS race?  They often have much bigger grids.  Would you prefer a race between about 10 people?  Passing is part of racing.  Having to deal with fighting your way through some lappers is just another test required in order to win at that level.