Jason748 down?

Started by Fretless33, September 15, 2007, 11:04:31 AM

Fretless33

Someone at another forum made a pretty disturbing announcement about Jason748 possibly going down at Black Hawk Farms yesterday afternoon (09-14-2007). Does anyone have any information or have seen Jason to confirm or not this upsetting news? The report from jeyrod (cbr600rr.com) is that he may have been seriously injured...any information at all...I sure hope it's not true!!!

Frederick

Oh...by the way...Hello, sorry about the possibly grim 1st post here...I'm an admin from cbr600rr.com

Here's a picture of Jason to help recognize him:

Kuala76

:( Who/what organization would he have been riding with???
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

Fretless33

Quote from: Kuala76 on September 15, 2007, 11:34:53 AM
:( Who/what organization would he have been riding with???

CCS/Mid-West usually races middle weight grand prix or middle weight superbike

cbirk

This is the first I've heard of this. I tried to call him but to no avail. I hope he's ok and not seriously hurt.

ch331200

I'm not sure if this is related but,

there was a bad accident coming into turn 7 at BHF yesterday afternoon involving 5 bikes. There was a life-flight and a few ambulances.  I only know for sure that #68 Jeff Hoffmann was involved. Jeff was able to drive himself to the hospital with a dislocated shoulder. According to Jeff he was running practice laps with 2 other riders when they passed a slower rider coming into 6A. When they got to the "kink" before turn 7, that same slow rider came flying by the group breaking for turn 7. He clipped one of the bikes and sent himself, the 3 bikes in the group and another rider down.

Hope this helps.

Fretless33

Quote from: ch331200 on September 15, 2007, 02:47:50 PM
I'm not sure if this is related but,

there was a bad accident coming into turn 7 at BHF yesterday afternoon involving 5 bikes. There was a life-flight and a few ambulances.  I only know for sure that #68 Jeff Hoffmann was involved. Jeff was able to drive himself to the hospital with a dislocated shoulder. According to Jeff he was running practice laps with 2 other riders when they passed a slower rider coming into 6A. When they got to the "kink" before turn 7, that same slow rider came flying by the group breaking for turn 7. He clipped one of the bikes and sent himself, the 3 bikes in the group and another rider down.

Hope this helps.

From what I heard was Jason could possibly be the guy that was flown out...

r1owner

Wow, that sucks to hear... all during a track day.  :(

I hope all involved are alright.

steve p

The accident happened in turn 6.  From what I was told he was hit and air lifted out yesterday.   There are various reports on his condition but no one knows for sure who I talked to today.  Prayers are with him and
his family.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

cbirk

My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

RSimmons

Quote from: yzfkneedragger on September 15, 2007, 05:05:42 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.
+1 :(

I've heard any number of different stories as well. I hope all of them are exaggerated as to severity and this is not too bad.
MW Am #377

dylanfan53

If he's the same Jason748 who's on here and broke his collarbone last year he's fine...other than another broken collarbone.  He was in good spirits when I talked to him at the track this afternoon, although he was walking like he could use some good pain stuff.  I didn't have a chance to ask him how he did it. 
Don Cook
CCS #53

Jason748

OK guys.. I'm fine but I got  :spank: pretty hard.  Just got home (4 hour drive with a broken collar bone is not fun).
I'll tell the story tomorrow... I've only gotten about 2 hours sleep & I've just taken a couple happy pills...

Thanks for the support  :thumb:  My family and I very much appreciate it!
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com