News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Jason748 down?

Started by Fretless33, September 15, 2007, 11:04:31 AM

Fretless33

I'm just thankful you're ok Jason...the mind can start playing tricks on ya when all you have is an internet connection as a connection :cheers:

ch331200

cbirk

Got your message. You sounded pretty good over the phone.  :err: Glad your OK man and it wasn't MORE serious.  Still not a very good way to end the season. I guess it could've been worse if it was at the beginning of the season. Heal up quick.

Jason748

Hey, guys (and gals) thanks for the support.
First I'd like to kill the rumors.. I'm Not Dead and I received no CPR, and while I was not in critical condition, I sure as hell wasn't in great condition.  I was conscious, alert and answering questions & cracking a few smartass jokes when I was loaded into the helicopter and taken to the trauma center.

Second, I'd like to say THANK YOU to all that helped.   :thumb:
- Tom and the EMT crew at BlackHawk, You guys had everything under control, and made the right decisions concerning my health.  - I still don't like Helicopter rides...
- The Midwest Saftey Crew, for being on the scene ASAP and taking care of me and my fellow competitors that were down.
- Those of you who loaded my trailer and truck up, a Big thank you from my family and myself.  You saved us a lot of time and headache when I got back Saturday.  To be honest I don't really even know who did it, but Thanks, you are true competitors and friends to help a downed rider.
- Thanks to all for the well wishes When I got back to the track Saturday.
- Last but not least, a Big thanks goes out to Don Elfstrom From CSBR for supporting my family and myself at both the hospital & track, You helped support and comfort my family when they needed it in a tough time and I can't say thanks enough :thumb:

Third, I'd like to make a couple of apologizes.
- To all the riders for causing a red flag, and making you guys loose precious track time.
- To the Midwest Safety crew and the BHF staff & EMT's, Apparently when I first came to I was a bit combative... Sorry I'm not like that and don't even remember it.

Now on to what happened...
I'm hoping someone here help and fill me in a bit because I have NO MEMORY from the time I exited T5, until I woke up on the ground being told they had already called a life-flight for me.  I have a small amount of info about what happened but it's all from second had sources, so if anyone has any more info let me know...
I exited T5 like normal, about mid track, pulled it back over to the left to get a good turn in for T6, no one was in front of me.  The next thing I know I wake up and see Tom (not exactly what you want to wake up to...) and Karen (I think ?) from BHF over top of me talking to me, telling me I was going to take a helicopter ride, and I'd be OK...
Apparently I was hit pretty hard from behind (I can see from the marks on my bike is was my rear tire that was hit) and I went down.  I still don't know exactly who hit me or why, but I know they left their card with their contact info on it for me (I unfortunately didn't get it), and I'd like to speak with them... I 'm not mad, i just want to know what happened, and we can try and make sure it doesn't happen again.

I was unconscious for somewhere between 3-5 minutes, the reason they called for the life flight, because I had hit my head pretty hard.  I was taken to Rockford Tramua center, and held over night for observation.  I was released about 2:00pm on Saturday and finally made it back to the track.

The Damage.
I have a small bruise on my brain between my eyes on my frontal lobe (a good solid concussion).
I broke my Right Collarbone - Not too bad.  hey, it matches my left now  :lmao:
Bruised Ribs on my right side.
Some bruising on the inside of my right knee
And I'm pretty sore and stiff all over... Gee I wonder why  :kicknuts:

The Bike is in really good condition.. Needs a New Foot peg, Clip-on Bar, a little fiberglass work and a re-spray (but it needed that anyway).
My suit (cut off), Back Protector (cut off) and Helmet are toast, but they did they're job and are easily replaced.

So Thanks To everyone.... And I'm alright, well as alright as I ever was.  :thumb:
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Jason748 on September 16, 2007, 08:24:48 PMThe next thing I know I wake up and see Tom (not exactly what you want to wake up to...)

Dont know why but that strikes me as funny. :lmao:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

gkotlin

Jason!  I'm glad to hear your ok.  I heard about this on another forum.  We've chatted a bunch of times on the CBR boards and even talked Ducati's a few times.  I finally got to meet you this season.

If you hit your head, you probably don't remember me, I'm forgettable.  :)

Glad to hear your generally ok.  Take care and get well.
Greg K.
CCS MW Expert # 12
2000 SV 650 - 1989 FZR 400
Vinylsaurusrex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - STT

Jason748

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on September 16, 2007, 08:43:10 PM
Dont know why but that strikes me as funny. :lmao:

:lmao: I knew someone would get a kick out of that.

Quote from: gkotlin on September 16, 2007, 10:22:36 PM
If you hit your head, you probably don't remember me, I'm forgettable.  :)

Glad to hear your generally ok.  Take care and get well.

Didn't hit my head that hard Greg.  See you next year.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

spyderchick

Hey Jason, Glad to hear you're ok! There were a lot of people worried 'bout ya.

You probably need a new suit, but unless they cut through the back protector, we can probably replace the straps. I hate to see you have to buy something if it can be fixed.

Take care of yourself, and let me know if you need anything.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

backMARKr

J-

This is kinda of an extreme way to justify a new paint job :wtf:

Seriously....was good to talk to you on Sat and see you upright and breathing :thumb:

Keep in touch over the winter....

M
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Jeff

Quote from: Jason748 on September 16, 2007, 08:24:48 PM
The next thing I know I wake up and see Tom (not exactly what you want to wake up to...)

Hey, as long as he wasn't spooning you or vice versa, it's all good...

Glad you are doing okay and the bike is repairable.  Plus it helps that it's the end of the season.  Plenty of rest time!  

Pop a vicodin for me!  

-Jeff
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

riderupred

hello Jason748
        my name is Jennifer. i am a corner worker. i was working  t1 and crash truck. my b/f was working main gate on friday.

what happened? you got rear-ended. you were braking for T6, the rider behind you #274 did not. you were very combative but thats understandable.  you looked much worse than you were. they had your leathers cut off and all your under stuff (nice b.v.d.'s lol!) they had an I.V. track side. you looked bad. I picked up your bike. brought it to your pit and your wife and son were there. they were very scared and i told your wife go be with your husband he needs you, and dont worry about the bike and pit area, i would take care of it . 
  I started cleaning up your area and a couple other riders started to help me. sorry the trailer was such a mess but i didn't know were  went.  i hope the bike was strapped down ok. i checked and double checked to make sure i got everything in the trailer. i put your keys to the truck and trailer under the drivers seat for your wife to find and your cell phone and sunglasses in the console.
   I'm really happy to hear your ok. and by the way. mid-west safety crew was not there friday. friday was a trackday and the safety workers were track employee's. but Erick and I are members of the mid-west safety crew.
Mrs. Gntbldr!

riderupred

Mrs. Gntbldr!