News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Is it OK to cry?

Started by backMARKr, September 11, 2007, 11:04:54 AM

backMARKr

Read this in an article about HD's marketing to women strategy through what they call "garage parties".....

this was in the last few lines where the group is practicing lifting a dropped bike:

One by one, each woman gives the lifting a go, and most manage to raise the Sportster until it leans again on its side stand. When the last woman succeeds, the group breaks out into applause.

"Are there any questions?" Greene asks.

"Is it OK to cry?" one woman pipes up.

All I could think was.....I sure felt like crying EVERYTIME the bike ended up on the ground this year :banghead:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

tlc

I sure hope the answer is "YES, you can cry".  Isn't that why we wear dark shields.

spyderchick

Before Rog would let Rhiannon or I loose on the streets, we had to be able to pick up our bikes. Good lesson, no crying involved. ;)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

TheHiriser

Quote from: tlc on September 11, 2007, 11:23:55 AM
I sure hope the answer is "YES, you can cry".  Isn't that why we wear dark shields.

I agree.

Just don't take your helmet off, throw it, your gloves, anything else you have and act like you just had your favorite toy taken away by someone (even though in most cases you probably just did and you did it by wrecking it).   :biggrin:

Kuala76

There have been many riders who have done just that  :ahhh: :ahhh:  I wonder what they think when they look back and realize they not only muffed up the bike, but muffed up the helmet by throwing it! Not to mention the guy that threw his bike down on the track after picking it up!!
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

wolf44

The two times I crashed this year I took off my helmet and got ready to chuck it....stopped...looked at the helmet and noticed no scuffs...set the helmet down, took off gloves and threw them at the ground, then proceeded to pout like a small child.......no crying though
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

funsizeracing

There is no cying in roadracing!

Although I think in Topeka I did jump up and down in a cirlce before picking my bike up.
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

plasticweld

Quote from: funsizeracing on September 11, 2007, 05:22:47 PM

I just crashed at Summit this past weekend and got hurt, while I know my body will heal in time, somebody "Me" will have to put the bike back together. While not prone to out burts of emotion I come close when the bike is hurt.  I just have to suck it and remember

EmpireGP.com
Sport Bike Plastic Welding, Custom Painting Tank Repair
Ride Hard Take Chances    We Need the Work!

CCS WERA #865

Super Dave

Quote from: funsizeracing on September 11, 2007, 05:22:47 PM
I dunno.  There weren't many dry eyes at Mid-Ohio when Dale Quarterley beat everyone in the Superbike race years ago. 
Super Dave

funsizeracing

Quote from: Super Dave on September 11, 2007, 07:39:32 PM
I dunno.  There weren't many dry eyes at Mid-Ohio when Dale Quarterley beat everyone in the Superbike race years ago. 
I should rephrase.  There's no crying from crashing. 
Becka
CMRA EX #126
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

wolf44

Is there crying when the dog no longer likes peanut butter :err:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: funsizeracing on September 11, 2007, 05:22:47 PMAlthough I think in Topeka I did jump up and down in a cirlce before picking my bike up.

Aaron Yates style!!!! LOL
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

chaplain220

Just the thought of havin a Harley in my garage is enough to make me cry...or throw up in my mouth ::).  Yup, sittin on the tire wall at Summit turn 10, starin at the smear of plastic n parts culminating in the pile that was my bike...can definitely bring a tear to the eye.  Tellin my wife I need to tap the kids college fund again to repair my addiction...Lots of cryin n poutin till I get my toy fixed.  Hope all yoots guys heal up quick after the Summit turn 4 crash.

funsizeracing

Quote from: chaplain220 on September 12, 2007, 12:02:12 AM
JHope all yoots guys heal up quick after the Summit turn 4 crash.

What's a "yoot"?
Becka
CMRA EX #126
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

funsizeracing

Becka
CMRA EX #126
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Ducmarc

as in two yoots. keeping your cool shows discipline. we can't have the spectators think your uncool.my wife is the one that can't keep her cool. especially when she gets the bill

weggieman

last lap. thru the kink into last corner, Blackhawk Farms, MW SB. 1st and second place get tied up behind back marker, i dive to inside, make the pass on all three and lose the front end mid corner..........i didn't cry but i threw one of my gloves damn near 1/3 of the front straight....... or so it seemed at the time.

TheHiriser

It's one thing to get mad and upset.  Throwing gloves or helmet really no biggie to most corner workers, actually quite comical sometimes. 

It's another thing to create more work for everyone else though.  I've seen a couple times when racers have smashed their windscreen with their fist for whatever reason.  Someone has to pick that crap up.

Kuala76

Quote from: TheHiriser on September 14, 2007, 08:32:08 AM
It's one thing to get mad and upset.  Throwing gloves or helmet really no biggie to most corner workers, actually quite comical sometimes. 

Confessions of a corner worker... yes I have giggled when you have thrown your gloves... especially when you throw them two different ways and have to then go look for them  :lmao:
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

Speedballer347

Quote from: Kuala76 on September 14, 2007, 09:31:46 AM
Confessions of a corner worker... yes I have giggled when you have thrown your gloves... especially when you throw them two different ways and have to then go look for them  :lmao:

I have seen lotsa guys do that, and truly never understood it. 
Everytime I have crashed, I was either delighted that I was uninjured, or the times I have broken bones (several) I was happy that it was not a severe or permanent injury.
The position I lose in a race from crashing, or the damage to the motorcycle, mean nothing to me.....If I am unhurt, I am greatful. 
You could set my bike on fire, I honestly could give 2-poops, as long as I am OK.
:thumb:
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

spyderchick

Even when I was hurt after crashing, the first thing out of my mouth was always: "How's the bike?"
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

TheHiriser

Quote from: spyderchick on September 14, 2007, 11:27:09 AM
Even when I was hurt after crashing, the first thing out of my mouth was always: "How's the bike?"

I've seen people getting boarded up, ready to be transported via flashy box and their only concern is exactly that.  "How is my bike"?

spyderchick

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

backMARKr

Quote from: TheHiriser on September 14, 2007, 11:41:51 AM
I've seen people getting boarded up, ready to be transported via flashy box and their only concern is exactly that.  "How is my bike"?
Quote from: spyderchick on September 14, 2007, 12:12:48 PM
Sick, aren't we?  :biggrin:

I have to admit, after this last crash, instead of my first thought being "how is the bike"...it was ....oh shit did I break my collarbone again!?!?......

THEN I ran over to see how the bike was... :err:

I agree...its a sickness!
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

unter_kid

My personal favorite are the times when you're so anxious to get to your bike and get going again that you try to run to it....not realizing that you're not quite done sliding yet.  I've found this is a very good way to destroy tendons in your knee  :err:
Mike Anhalt