Main Menu

Blackhawk Freezer

Started by xb9racer, September 11, 2007, 05:30:13 AM

Super Dave

Super Dave

Burt Munro

Quote from: Court Jester on September 12, 2007, 06:08:30 PM
i've already got a hotel room

Probably not a good idea to let anyone know where it is....  you could end up with 'visitors' during the night!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Court Jester

already have 2 couples and 2 kids.
the Ramada is 60 + tax per night
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Burt Munro

This is going from bad to worse....

Forecast I just checked shows an overnight low for Friday of 35!

Might be time for some -  :kissy:

Court Jester

so how do tires stick when it's that cold? never ran below upper 40's i don't think.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Burt Munro

Let's just say that for at least the 1st round of practice on Saturday morning Rob will probably be busy with the crashtruck!

Talk to people who were at Road America in April a couple of years ago.  Bike after bike lost it on the the hard right turn coming out of Pit Out .  Going about 10 mph they might as well have been on ICE!

Oh yeah...  maybe they were on ICE!!

GSXR RACER MIKE

An issue when it's really cold is your suspension fluid is cold and won't flow well till it warms up, what this results in is suspension that moves slowly and can cause loss of traction because your tires are not able to follow the road surface like they would when the suspension is warm.

Another issue is if you use tire warmers, you go out on your 1st couple laps thinking you have good grip from warm tires and then lose it a few laps in because your tires actually cooled down.

Both of those things have been issues at the cold events I've been to over the years.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

spyderchick

Quote from: Burt Munro on September 13, 2007, 07:41:51 PM
This is going from bad to worse....

Forecast I just checked shows an overnight low for Friday of 35!

Might be time for some -  :kissy:

That just reminds of disturbing photos of K3 sleeping with random racers.  :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

GKBuzz

Quote from: barb_arah on September 12, 2007, 07:22:25 PM
Gnat good at all!
Oh Barb! "Gnat good at all"! That was really low..........like something I would say!!! :thumb:
Grant
Never to old to learn

tstruyk

Quote from: Burt Munro on September 13, 2007, 09:00:13 PM
Let's just say that for at least the 1st round of practice on Saturday morning Rob will probably be busy with the crashtruck!

Talk to people who were at Road America in April a couple of years ago.  Bike after bike lost it on the the hard right turn coming out of Pit Out .  Going about 10 mph they might as well have been on ICE!

Oh yeah...  maybe they were on ICE!!

the year after wasnt much warmer... i remember going past the tower wondering if it was really snowing as I watched the speedo creep over 150...

Pilot powers seemed to hook pretty good... race rubber was tearing up pretty quick. 

And i still say it was the cold weather that forced me past my pit in the TC...  :banghead:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Burt Munro

Quote from: tstruyk on September 19, 2007, 03:39:57 PM

And i still say it was the cold weather that forced me past my pit in the TC...  :banghead:

So now you're claiming Brain Freeze?  :wtf: