thank you, cornerworkers

Started by racer911, September 10, 2007, 05:37:08 PM

racer911

i know this is your section, but i wanted to say thanks for responding so quickly to my getoff in turn 5 on sunday.  i'm pretty sure i went over the bars and landed on my back, ringing my bell in the process and breaking my ankle.  i want to say that simon was the first to get to me.  when i finally sat up my bike was already in the crash truck and the ambulance was there.  you guys do a great job.  mike and sarah - it was great to finally meet and hang out with you.
Bobby
#910 EX

TheHiriser

First off all are welcome in "our section".  We invite one and all to join in our banter.  We do occasionally have safety stuff we bring up as well and would appreciate rider input and truly take any and all suggestions to heart.

Thanks for the thanks Bobby.  It was great to meet such a nice and very generous guy.  Had a blast hanging out with you, JJ and everyone else swapping stories and hope to have many more occasions in which to do so.  I'm kind of glad I wasn't there to see your get off but I'm stoked you didn't fair too bad considering.  Thanks to all your pit mates for helping me get your bike off the truck.  It is really great to get helping hands when I bring a crashed bike in.  Sometimes they have no front brakes, missing clip-ons, so and and so forth. 

Get better and let me know if you are going to make the last Summit round.

racer911

Quote from: TheHiriser on September 10, 2007, 05:54:57 PM
Get better and let me know if you are going to make the last Summit round.

thanks, mike.  according to my doctor my season is over, but i might have to disagree with that.  we'll see what happens.  you have my email address.  keep in touch.
Bobby
#910 EX

Simon

Bobby, get well soon bro...you are one tough dude :thumb:
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

racer911

Bobby
#910 EX

TheHiriser

Quote from: racer911 on September 10, 2007, 07:11:58 PM
thanks, mike.  according to my doctor my season is over, but i might have to disagree with that.  we'll see what happens.  you have my email address.  keep in touch.

I'll definitely keep in touch Bobby.  If I don't see you.  I'll catch you next season and stay healthy and safe in the off season. :thumb:

Kuala76

Hey there Bobby!  Another glad to see you are "okay" considering!  Simon is phenominal out there I can't say enough about him!  I was up in the flag turn during your incident.  In a way the flags are one of the most important things so the riders on course know what's going on, however, to see your incident so close to me and NOT be able to get to you immediately is nerve wracking.  However, as always MARRC works as a team and the others in that corner were there for you as soon as possible.  Again, I have mentioned the fact that the riders were very very respectful and dilligent with regard to the flags.  Here is another example where Simon was able to get to you expedisiously since all riders were observing and adhering to red flag protocol.  Had the riders been over running the flags, Simon may have been stuck accross the track until the very last bike cleared the track.  Anyway...best of luck for a return appearance this season, but if not...there's still next year!  And we DO take injured riders to work in our corners  ::) :thumb:  :cheers:
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

racer911

thanks kumi, simon, mike and all the other maarc volunteers.   see you soon.
Bobby
#910 EX