News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Any Update on Race 9 Turn 3 Crash on Saturday?

Started by xlr8tn, September 09, 2007, 05:45:59 PM

xlr8tn

I was over in turn 5 taking some pics and there was a crash in turn three in race 9 on Saturday.  Anyone have an update on the rider that was airlifted?  I believe it was David Rose, but not certain.  Get well soon.

magicrat

-- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns ..."

scottg22

Dave posted this on myspace....

Subject:  Saturday was a disaster

Yesterday was a complete roller coaster ride. After qualifying on pole in the Factory Sportbike race and 2nd in the Superbike race at Summit Point I lined up for the Middleweight Supersport race. On the third lap I became disconnected with my motorcycle in a pretty nasty crash. All I remember was falling off and then waking up on a backboard at the crash site. Apparently I lost consciousness for 8 to 10 minutes. Anyway the medics determined that I needed to be airlifted from the crash site and taken to the hospital asap. They feared neck and head injury, a broken leg, broken hand, and a broken collarbone. As I was coming to I could tell I wasn't that badly injured. Anyway after all Xrays and a catscan, I was given a clean bill of health. Only a concussion with no broken bones. Got home earlier today and feel like I got runover by a train. I've got a real sore ankle and shoulder but thank god it wasn't as bad as they predicted. Anyway I'm going to be OK and could use some company. Not in the best spirits that I had to miss the races today plus one of my bikes looks like it got run over by a truck. Thanks to all who new about this and called to see how I was. You don't know how much I appreciate it.
Dave

magicrat

Dave,

Dude ... glad to see you posting this.

I was filming in T1 & T2 when you crashed, but I walked down and got a little bit of footage of the aftermath.

I can make you a little video of it if you like.
-- Rat

TheHiriser

Very happy to hear David is doing ok.  Although I didn't see the actual crash I was on the scene pretty quick and it wasn't pleasant.  The bike did indeed look like a train had hit it.  I did get to meet David's mom as I drove her and the bike back to his pit.  She thanked the MARRC crew for what we do and I emphatically said her and her son and whole family were welcome and if it wasn't for her support and the support of the racers, like David, we wouldn't have a place to play either.

Great News!!!  :thumb:

magicrat

Anybody know how I can get in touch with Dave?

I have some video for him.
-- Rat

magicrat

Again, a request to talk with Dave.  If nybody know how to get in touch w/ him.

I have video, but I wont' publish it until he sees it ... cuz it's pretty scarry stuff.

Would like to tlk to him on the phone, if he's interested.   Otherwise, it sits on my hrd disk forever.
-- Rat

Super Dave

Scott, thanks for relaying the info!  Sounds good to hear that things were better than they seemed.
Super Dave