News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Iraqi Troops Collection

Started by Court Jester, September 08, 2007, 05:09:48 AM

Court Jester

I have a close, long time friend being diploid for Iraq on 9-08-07. He's a complete motorcycle addict and quite honestly scared half to death at the moment. So I'm in the process of getting a slew of stuff together for his first huge care package from home. He hasn't left yet and it's already a big one.

So anyone that would like to contribute to the troops over seas (as the package will be for all in his troop) feel free to stop by the pits at BlackHawk and drop off whatever you would like to send. Cards of encouragement and/or thanks for what he and others are doing, bike mags, stickers, Twinkies, granola bars, fle collars, tea bags, cool aid, coffee, powdered Gatorade, Play boys, etc. Basically whatever will last the trip and whatever would help comfort you in the same position.
Should you decide to drop an item off, please write your name and which motorcycle forum you are affiliated with on the item.

Thanks to all.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

RCR_531

tea bags, cool aid  You better becareful what you ask to be drop off.  No seriously I think it is a great thing you are doing for your friend. See ya at Blackhawk.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

backMARKr

Mike

When my brother was deployed it seemed like AA and AAA batteries were always a big request...is that still the case? If so will try to get some together and drop them off next weekend!

thanks for doing this.....

Mark
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Marsolais

When I was there Gatoraid was all I was looking for. Tea was ok but the bottled water was like 110 degree's. So that gatoraid that tasted cold even when mixed with the hot water was great. I can't remember the name. Oh ya, baby wipes baby wipes baby wipes.

Kuala76

:cheers: to you for getting this together for our brave and dedicated.  In addition, I've heard of Road Racing World shipping issues out to deployed troops - you may want to contact them.  Who's day ISN'T brightened by an issue of RRW - I know mine is!!
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

Marsolais

Quote from: Kuala76 on September 10, 2007, 03:50:31 PM
:cheers: to you for getting this together for our brave and dedicated.  In addition, I've heard of Road Racing World shipping issues out to deployed troops - you may want to contact them.  Who's day ISN'T brightened by an issue of RRW - I know mine is!!

RRW is doing this, two of my soldiers are receiving issues.

Court Jester

That's great guys. thanks for agreeing to bring a little something. and yeah, batteries are a need over there.
Oh, and if you bring some old bike bags, be sure to rip off your address. i'll go through everything before hand, but just in case i miss it...

thanks everybody
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"